Monday, June 17, 2013

A Hard, But Good, Week

This has been a very hard, but good week.  Monday, as I posted, I got to spend with the grandbabies.  Friday I took care of Mom.  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday I cleaned house at Nana and Papaw's.  Ryan went with me three days.  He worked in the garden and hung out with Tim and Papaw.  One day we were there it was very stormy.
They posted a tornado warning, but we never saw anything.

The last day when I finished and was ready to go, I found Ryan and Papaw at the garden.


This picture will be a great memory.

Papaw Garden  (Ryan has a little section)


I enjoyed the view as always.


Nana's knock-out roses were starting to bloom.  This was taken from standing on her front porch.



I finished at Nana's around 3PM Saturday.  Then I went to get groceries and gas for my car.  Ryan texted and asked me to come back and get him at Nana's.  Mark and Tim and gone to the movies and Mark was still at Nana and Papaw's when I left.  Ryan was supposed to ride home with Mark but decided he wanted to stay longer.  I dropped by and picked him up on my way home.  It was a blessing because I made him carry the groceries upstairs.  I was so tired.  

That evening I worked on my Father's Day stuff for my Sunday School class.  I only have one little guy and he is a darling.  Last Sunday Kevin and Martha painted his feet and got footprints for me.  I composed a poem and made a card with the footprints.


It says:
I follow in your footsteps                                                                               as I grow and learn each day.
You teach me how to follow God,                                                                     and kneel to him and pray.
You love me very much, I know,                                                                       from my head down to my toes.
You are the best Dad in the world                                                                   because God's love you show.

I also made a tag for a jar top that said...Daddy, I love you to pieces.  I made a tie for it and put Reeces Pieces in it.  I made one for Andrew too since I had Reeces Pieces left over.


Ryan and I made an ediable Father's Day card for Mark.


Mark loved it!  
It says...Dear Dad,
For Father's Day, I was going to give you a whoppering 100grand, but the money slipped through my butterfingers, and it wasn't payday.  I didn't think a pet kitkat or an orbit  around the milkyway  to see starbursts would be appropriate. I do want to wish you mounds of almondjoy and urge you to take5 extra a day while you eat this card.  I hope it doesn't make you rolover and get sick.  If it does, I promise not to snickers.   Hugs and Kisses,
Your favorite airheads, Susan and Ryan

Mary did this for her Sunday School class and gave us left over candy.  Thanks Mary!!!

Sunday afternoon I came home, changed clothes, rushed to get a bite to eat, and drove down to Andrew and Nikki's.  

It was wonderful to see the babies!!!  I brought some bubbles and we went outside to blow bubbles.







Mason watched intently.



Then he decided he wanted to touch the bubbles.



I love the look on his face when he is concentrating!  His gorgeous blue eyes look so solemn.  He is my little darling!!

I helped Nikki with the house and taking care of the babies while she prepared to wash, pack, etc. to go visit her aunt in Ohio.  I enjoyed so much being with them.  It seems like every time I am there I think, "I could live here." :)  I was very, very tired from such a hard week, but I love being with my grandbabies.  

Nikki had to go to the store, so Haley helped with the grocery list.


It was so cute because Nikki would tell her things to put on the list.  After Haley finished writing and I looked at the list, she had written an H. :)  Nikki and Haley went to the store and brought back Chinese food for supper.  Oh my!  It was delicious!!  I think Chinese food is my very favorite and I hadn't had it in a long time.  It tasted so, so good!!  Mason even liked it.  He is a "good eater" as they say. Haley ate well too which always thrills me.  She sat on my lap while we ate.  She was so funny because I got tea for myself and milk for her in a sippy cup.  She drank the tea and made me drink the milk out of the sippy cup. Hahahaha  I didn't care.  I loved that she got a kick out of it.

After they ate, Nikki put them both in the bath.  


Haley gave her baby a bath too.




This baby boy is such a darling!  He melts my heart!!! 

After their bath, I gave Mason his bottle and layed him in his bed.  Nikki and Andrew packed the car for Nikki's trip and Nikki took Maggie out to potty.  When it was time for Haley to go to bed, I got to rock her.  I cherish that time with her!!!  She is on the go so much, I don't get to spend a lot of one on one time with her.  As I was rocking and singing to her Mason started making noises in his bed.  Haley was going to sleep, but he was getting more awake by the minute.  It was so funny because he was trying to talk to me as I sang.  After I put her to bed, I got him and rocked him.  He closed his eyes and settled down.  I layed him in his bed and he stuck his two little fingers in his mouth and didn't make a noise.  It was such a great ending to the day. 
As I was leaving I felt so tired and exhausted.  I thought, "how am I going to make it home?"  I just started praying and praying as I drove.  After awhile, I felt so peaceful.  It started raining so hard!! 


I mean, it was awful!!  Sometimes I would see a car stopped on the side of the road.  I guess they were trying to wait till the rain let up.  I still felt so peaceful feeling God with me.  I drove very careful.
When I got back to town, the rain was worse than ever.  It would lightening and the whole sky would light up.  There was a car in front of me and they couldn't see the line.  I could see them edging toward a tractor trailer beside them.  I thought Yikes!!  they are going to hit it.  The tractor trailer guy blew his horn and they moved back over.  I felt sorry for them.  I wondered if it was an older driver??  At one time there was so much water on the road it felt like my car hydroplaned for a few seconds.  God took care of me, though.  Praise Him  I got home safely.  

It felt so very wonderful to go to bed last night knowing I didn't have to get up early this morning to go anywhere.  I have had a very lazy day today.  I slept till around 10AM and took an afternoon nap.  I have rested and rested.  I really needed it!

In other news....Mason has decided he likes to play with Maggie.



At first Maggie would put her paw on him and hold him down while she licked his face.  Now he is paying her back. lol

When Andrew has a day off, he lets Nikki sleep in.  The other day he took Maggie out to use the bathroom and then went to get a Starbucks for her.  Haley enjoyed it too. :)




Sometimes Mason likes to take a bath without Haley.  He gets to play with ALL the toys.



Nikki made an awesome welcome sign and also made the post to hang it on.  She is finding all these cool things on pinterest and actually doing them.


I am so very proud of her!!

Ryan took all his schoolwork from last year and shot it to pieces at Papaw's farm.  


I am sure that made him feel so much better.  He had more, really good pictures, but this picture is the only one small enough for his phone to send.

I am so thankful God gave us a wonderful week.  I am hoping this week will be a little slower.  I don't know, though, because I am supposed to take care of Mom Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. It is getting really hard, but she is still a sweetheart.  I love her so much and that is what keeps me going.












3 comments:

  1. It seems like every time i comment, it's about Mason and Haley! haha They are sooooo adorable. I hope you get plenty of rest tonight before you have to work for the next three days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about every single post I do has something about Haley and Mason. lol I hope I rest too. You are a darling sweetheart! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days, you will look back on all that you've done and be totally amazed that you were able to do it! It is inspiring to read!

    ReplyDelete