Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Working Outside and Other Stuff

Yesterday I finished cleaning at Nana and Papaw's. Yay!! I'm telling ya, I was completely exhausted. I left their house a little after 3PM (I think) and went to the bank and Walmart. Mark had told me the night before he needed two cheesecakes for a fund raiser at his work. I had to get the stuff to fix them.

On the way home, we stopped and changed the church sign.
It says, "Ignoring the truth doesn't change it."

By the time we got home, I didn't have much time to rest before I needed to start supper. I had a menu plan in my head and what I had planned to fix for supper had several steps. So, it wasn't an easy meal. I decided to go ahead and fix it anyway. I really had to push myself because I was soooo tired.

The recipe was Chicken Bacon Lo Mein. I usually fix it when I am with Andrew and Nikki because they love it.  I cooked a little over half a pound of bacon and set it to the side. Then I cooked diced chicken in the bacon greese. After removing the chicken, I added chopped broccoli, shredded carrots, onion wedges, a couple of minced garlic, and 1/4 tsp. of ginger. As that was cooking, I boiled a cup of water and dissolved chicken bouillon in it (1 Tbspn) (I use "Better Than Bouillon--I love it!) Then I added it to the veggies with 1/4 cup soy sauce.  After it cooked a bit, I returned the chicken to the skillet.  In the meantime, I cooked a pot of spaghetti. As everything was simmering, I crumbled the bacon.

After the spaghetti cooked, I drained it and mixed it with the chicken and veggies. I sprinkled the bacon on top.
It was so delicious!!!  

After supper I rested till 10PM. Then I washed dishes, made two cheesecakes (one cherry & one blueberry), and baked Ryan some cookies. He was needing something to snack on. I think I may have eaten a couple too. I honestly don't remember. I have the hardest time resisting anything sweet. When I am trying to eat better and loose weight, sometimes I tell God I am NOT going to eat something. (always has to do with sugar/dessert)  If I tell myself I am not going to eat something, I always fail. But if I tell God, I keep my word.  For instance, I told God today or last night that I was not going to eat anything after supper.  It is my worst time. It is not that I am hungry. I just want something sweet!!! Soooo, here I sit about to die because I am wanting something sweet. I am having no trouble resisting because I do not want to break my word to God.  If I make it several days without eating too much sugar, my cravings usually go away and I have no trouble......unless I give in and then it starts all over again.

This morning I slept till almost 9:30. WooHoo! I felt so good. I slowly woke and took my time getting up. I even read my Bible before I got out of bed. I usually always start my day on my knees thanking God for taking care of us during the night and His protection during the day...among a LOT of other things. :) 

I turned on the coffeemaker and fixed sausage and eggs mixed for Ryan and me. I always try to get plenty of protein for breakfast. I know Nikki is probably laughing as she reads this because she and Andrew think I am all about protein (it's true). I let Ryan sleep longer and I just relaxed for awhile. 

After awhile I got him up, and while he ate, I threw on some old clothes to work in the yard. After Ryan ate, he took a shower (yes, he did) and then we went out to work. We worked so hard and got so much accomplished. 

He mowed the yard while I cleaned out this messy landscaping bed.
I am not completely finished with it. I still have to lay landscaping cover and mulch in it. I will try to post a pic later. I weedeated the yard and the ditch. Ryan cleaned up the weeds and other plants I am replanting and dug up small trees in the ditch that I couldn't weedeat. He also blew the grass, etc. off the driveway. He wanted me to trim the bushes in the front, but it was too late. I was so tired. 

I went straight to the shower. I wanted to make sure I didn't have any poison ivy on me. I have the worst time with it. I was just able to sit down a few minutes before I started supper. Ryan went to take his second bath for the day. 

Later when I looked out at the yard, I was so happy to see how everything looked.
 If you look closely, you can see my flowers are blooming at the mailbox.

For supper I fixed a chicken taco mixture that we ate with tortilla strips. I cooked rice with a little bit of the taco seasoning pkg. Then I cooked chicken that I had diced. I added the rest of the taco seasoning, 1 can of mild rotel, and 1 can of pinto beans. After it was boiling, I added chopped velveeta (a little over a cup). When it melted and the rice was done, I mixed them all together. I put it in a bowl, put sour cream on top, and stuck tortilla strips in the side.
It is sooo good too. I got this recipe from Mary's recipe blog. Except I added a can of Rotel instead of the one cup of salsa the recipe called for. I was out of salsa and didn't want to run to the store.

I am trying to blog about my meals because sometimes I draw a blank on what to fix. Maybe I can look back on the blog and get some ideas.  Monday night I fixed chicken stir fry (I didn't take a pic), and Friday night I fixed homemade pizza's.
I needed more pepperoni on there, didn't I? Ha! Everything I fix is gluten free except on rare occasions when I get something that I am not aware has gluten in it. The other day I got some terryaki sauce for stir fry and it had gluten in it. I ate it anyway. 

Ok, now for the good stuff.  This is pics, texts and things Nikki has told me over the phone today.

Mason has finally learned to pucker for a kiss.
It is so adorably cute. I am going to miss the way he did before, tho'. Wonder if Nikki has a pic?? I will post if she does.

Yesterday Haley and Mason were so sweet and loving to each other. Last night they watched Bubble Guppies before they went to bed.
Isn't that so sweet?!!! Nikki said they fought all day today. LOL That is just the way it is with brothers and sisters. :)

Nikki and the babies spent the weekend with her parents. She sent me this cute picture of Mason wearing Papaw's shoes.
I love his smile!

They went out to eat at a restaurant that had rocking chairs in front.

Haley has this little box that she keeps notes in. Today she read every one of the notes to Nikki.



One said, "I love you and I love to sing for you."

Another one said, "I think I will color and then me and you will hold hands."

Then, "Daddy I really want you to be at my house."

And, "I know Daddy will come and stay at my house and he will spend the day with me someday."

And last, "I love you Daddy."

It just melted my heart to read these (texts). She is my little sweetheart.

Tonight on the phone Nikki was telling me she and Haley were cleaning Haley's room. After a while Haley put her little hands up and said, "I am done!!"  It was the exact imitation of Nikki. LOLOL 

Nikki told me other cute stuff but I am too tired to remember. I love hearing about my babies!

Ok, I am off to wash dishes and get to bed. I really want something to eat but I. will. resist!!! Hope you all have a safe night and blessed day tomorrow. Till next time....




3 comments:

  1. your meals sound really good, i'm gonna copy them! i have given up on a neat and trim landscape--i just have to accept that i live in the wild. lol. i have been trying to avoid eating too much in the evening--that is where my problem lies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this big long comment typed out and accidentally deleted it! Grrr... I'm catching up on all of your posts. Love that you are blogging more and love all the recipes and everything! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the food and kid pics! You have a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete