When they called Ryan back to the room, the first thing they asked was if the dr. office had sent Ryan's x-rays so they wouldn't have to take more. grrrrrr No, they didn't. It really would have saved us money if they had given them to us to bring to the orthopedic clinic. They took three more x-rays. The PA came in to talk to us and check Ryan's wrist. She was so nice. We really liked her. Then she went to get the x-ray results. She came back and said he didn't have a break at all. It was only a sprain. She said the line on the x-ray the dr. office thought was a break was only a growth line. The doctor's office did not have the expertise to know that. Yay!!!! I am so thankful! It was funny because after Ryan had the x-rays and came back to room, he said, "wouldn't it be funny if they came back in here and told us nothing was wrong." I gave him this doubtful look and told him that wasn't going to happen. Haha! He was right. Well, she did say there was a sprain, but she thought it would be fine by next week.
To be truthful, as I was leaving, I felt so frustrated knowing that if the doctor's office had read the x-ray correctly, we would not have the expense of going to a specialist. So frustrating. We have awful insurance which has $1000 deductible per person. It bothered me all afternoon. Then I decided I could concentrate on the bad or be thankful. I chose to be thankful! Thank God it was not fractured!!!! We didn't have to worry about a cast and going back for all the followup visits. I felt so much better.
As soon as we got out of the dr. office, we went straight to Nana's so I could work on cleaning the house. I had to work harder to get accomplished what I needed since I got there late. Thank God I did get done what I needed to finish on time. It will take me two more days (hopefully) to finish.
I was so completely exhausted when I got home. I got a snack and then fell asleep for a little bit 20-30min. Then I got up, washed dishes from last night, and fixed supper. After supper I baked cookies for Ryan. I didn't eat any. Yay!!! For the past few weeks I have been stress eating, so I am trying to cut back.
In other news, ;), Nikki took Haley and Mason to the fair this past weekend. They had a blast. Haley talked to me on the phone and told me about riding a pony named Chocolate. Mason got to ride one too. They rode several rides and got to pet animals. They had a blast. Nikki sent me several pictures on my phone. That is why these are small.
The next picture I got from Nikki's facebook page. That is why it is larger.
It is my favorite!!! Ahhhhh I love my babies so so much!!!
A couple of weekend's ago I kept Haley overnight and Nikki's mom kept Mason. I was supposed to pick up Mason Sunday morning and take him to church with us and then take them both home later that day. I called Nikki's mom to tell her we were on our way, and she said Mason was sick and for us to pick him up after church.
I got the cutest pictures of Haley and Brysen watching Bible stories in my Sunday School class.
So precious!
After church we picked up Mason. His nose was running and at times he felt like he was running a temp. After lunch I held him while he slept almost two hours. He acted like he felt better after that. That evening, Martha and I took them home.
The next day, Monday, Nikki had to bring him back up here to the dr. He had croup and sounded bad. They gave him a steroid shot and cough medicine. By the end of the week, he was so much better. And, it was a good thing, because he poured his cough medicine down the sink right after Nikki had given him a dose. ;)
Ok, that is enough catch up for tonight. I have to fix Mark and Ryan's lunch for tomorrow and get to bed. I am supposed to go back to clean tomorrow. I pray I have the strength to get a lot accomplished. I have so much to post, but I will have to write a little at a time.
Hope you all have a wonderful, blessed night and day tomorrow.






I'm so glad that you're blogging again! I look forward to reading your posts!! Thank goodness that Ryan's wrist is just sprained. Phew! It sounds like you had a tiring day the past couple of days. The pictures of Haley and Mason are just the cutest! I really love the ones of Haley and Brysen as well. :) Keep up the bloggin'! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess!! You are the best!!! You really encourage me to blog! Love you <3
ReplyDeleteLove you too!
DeleteSo thankful that Ryan and Mason are better!
ReplyDelete