I take Ryan to school, come back and put Zoe out on her "dog run" and feed her. Then I go upstairs, take a bath, and fix my breakfast. I usually eat two slices of bacon and two eggs, or two eggs and a plain baked potato with salt only. While I am eating breakfast, I usually read a couple of chapters in the Bible. I love the YouVersion KJV. After I brush my teeth, I am ready to go.
Today I had to finish cleaning at Nana and Papaw's house. I really wasn't sure I could finish. I had the hardest rooms to dust that took the longest. Ryan decided to ride the bus today so I was able to work longer and finish everything. Yay!!!! I was so happy. And, not only that, as I was leaving, Nana gave me a bonus check!! WooHoo!!! She is the best!!!! I plan to save it for Christmas shopping. I am so excited!!
It worked out perfectly that Ryan decided to ride the bus. He didn't ride because he wanted to tho'. I have problems with him getting off of video games when I tell him to. Yesterday I told him from now on when I tell him to get off, he will have five minutes. If he wants to talk to me about it (asking for more time) he can. Otherwise, he is to be off in five minutes.
Well, last night, of course, he did as he always does....ignoring me at first and then telling me he was going to stay on ten more minutes (instead of asking). He gets caught up in the game with his friends, and nothing else matters. It took him 30min. to get off of the game. I calmly told him he had two options for punishment. He could not play his games the next day, or ride the bus. He chose to ride the bus, which really surprised me. I don't know why I was surprised because he loves those games. :) He was willing to ride the bus so he could play games. It worked out better for me too. We actually got home at the same time. He had not gotten inside the house before I drove in the driveway.
I was so, so, so, very tired. I went upstairs, got a snack, and sat down to rest. I got really sleepy, so I told Ryan I was going to lay down a few minutes. I set the stove timer for 25min and told him to wake me when it went off. I dozed for just a few minutes, and it totally refreshed me.
I got up and started fixing supper. Tonight's supper was ground beef mixed with pork and beans with a side dish of rice. It is a very simple meal for a tired mama to fix. :) I love it, though. It is one of my favorite meals. I have been cooking long grain rice instead of minute rice. It is so much cheaper and it tastes delicious.
I am so thankful to be able to sit down with my family and eat supper. It is truly a blessing. After supper, we all get on our computers (Ryan plays video games). I sit in the living room with him while he plays his games. I get on my laptop and read facebook, email, or pinterest. I sit here and listen to everything going on with him.
I usually have to iron Mark a shirt for the next day and wash the dishes. I don't have to iron a shirt tonight, but I still have to wash the dishes. I also need to wash a load of clothes, but I don't know if I will.
Tomorrow I am supposed to clean Dad's house. I won't be able to finish in one day. I told him I won't be there early because there are some things I HAVE to get done. I have been so busy, I am getting behind on my washing. I have to get a load in before I leave.
And, finally, before I close, I want to show you the pictures I found on Ryan's phone last night. He told me he needed his phone charged (we use the same charger), and the charger is beside my bed. I looked at his photos to see if there was anything I might like to post. ;) I found some pictures I had taken a couple weeks ago when Ryan and I had gone down to Andrew and Nikki's. Andrew paid Ryan to mow their yard. Nikki had ran to the store, and I was watching the babies. Mason was asleep and Haley and I were right outside on the front sidewalk (I was actually sitting on the steps watching her). I kept running in to check on Mason, and he was sleeping away.
Haley was so happy and she was acting silly. I absolutely love these pictures I took on Ryan's phone.
Just looking at these pictures makes me smile. I love to see my grandbabies happy. Here is a serious pose.
It worked out perfectly that Ryan decided to ride the bus. He didn't ride because he wanted to tho'. I have problems with him getting off of video games when I tell him to. Yesterday I told him from now on when I tell him to get off, he will have five minutes. If he wants to talk to me about it (asking for more time) he can. Otherwise, he is to be off in five minutes.
Well, last night, of course, he did as he always does....ignoring me at first and then telling me he was going to stay on ten more minutes (instead of asking). He gets caught up in the game with his friends, and nothing else matters. It took him 30min. to get off of the game. I calmly told him he had two options for punishment. He could not play his games the next day, or ride the bus. He chose to ride the bus, which really surprised me. I don't know why I was surprised because he loves those games. :) He was willing to ride the bus so he could play games. It worked out better for me too. We actually got home at the same time. He had not gotten inside the house before I drove in the driveway.
I was so, so, so, very tired. I went upstairs, got a snack, and sat down to rest. I got really sleepy, so I told Ryan I was going to lay down a few minutes. I set the stove timer for 25min and told him to wake me when it went off. I dozed for just a few minutes, and it totally refreshed me.
I got up and started fixing supper. Tonight's supper was ground beef mixed with pork and beans with a side dish of rice. It is a very simple meal for a tired mama to fix. :) I love it, though. It is one of my favorite meals. I have been cooking long grain rice instead of minute rice. It is so much cheaper and it tastes delicious.
I am so thankful to be able to sit down with my family and eat supper. It is truly a blessing. After supper, we all get on our computers (Ryan plays video games). I sit in the living room with him while he plays his games. I get on my laptop and read facebook, email, or pinterest. I sit here and listen to everything going on with him.
I usually have to iron Mark a shirt for the next day and wash the dishes. I don't have to iron a shirt tonight, but I still have to wash the dishes. I also need to wash a load of clothes, but I don't know if I will.
Tomorrow I am supposed to clean Dad's house. I won't be able to finish in one day. I told him I won't be there early because there are some things I HAVE to get done. I have been so busy, I am getting behind on my washing. I have to get a load in before I leave.
And, finally, before I close, I want to show you the pictures I found on Ryan's phone last night. He told me he needed his phone charged (we use the same charger), and the charger is beside my bed. I looked at his photos to see if there was anything I might like to post. ;) I found some pictures I had taken a couple weeks ago when Ryan and I had gone down to Andrew and Nikki's. Andrew paid Ryan to mow their yard. Nikki had ran to the store, and I was watching the babies. Mason was asleep and Haley and I were right outside on the front sidewalk (I was actually sitting on the steps watching her). I kept running in to check on Mason, and he was sleeping away.
Haley was so happy and she was acting silly. I absolutely love these pictures I took on Ryan's phone.
I love this one too, of course!
When Ryan finished mowing and came inside, I took a couple of pictures of him holding Haley and Mason. Remember this is taken with a cell phone, so it is not good quality. I love them for the memory, tho'.
I saw a really cute one of Mason trying to stand up at the fridge and push the water dispenser lever. It didn't come thru on my email, so I will have to post it tomorrow.
Thank God for a wonderful day and that we are all home safe tonight.







I think it's wonderful that you are able to spend so much time with Haley and Mason even though they don't live close! They are both precious! It is sad to me that Mason won't know me very well though. :/ Hopefully, Haley won't forget me!
ReplyDeleteI told Nikki I want to start keeping Mason overnight. We decided the best time to start would be when she is spending the night with her parents (in case I need her). I will try to bring him to see you all when I can. I don't keep him much, so he doesn't know any of my family very well. I would love to bring Haley and Mason over to swing on your church swing. :)
DeleteI love the pictures with Ryan, Haley, and Mason! They are super cute! It sounds like you are always busy. It makes me tired just reading it! haha You are definitely superwoman! Matt is crazy about those video games too. Ugh. haha Boys...
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess!!! I love my babies :) I am definately NOT superwoman. :D When I am home I tend to be very lazy. I know it is crazy, but I have more energy on the days I work somewhere else. Yes, those guys love their games. I should cut back on Ryan's, but I haven't. I guess cause I am on the computer too much too. :(
DeleteI do the same thing. It is usually easier to work at someone else's house and have more energy there than it is your own. I am on the computer a lot too. haha It's just so fun! I guess just like their video games are to them. :)
DeleteOH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! Those pics are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete