Monday, October 14, 2013

Last week, The Weekend, And Today

The most frustrating thing just happened to me.  I typed out a whole post, fixed the pictures, and was just about finished, when my computer deleted the whole thing!  Some things about this computer I hate.  If my arm touches something, or it thinks I am scrolling when I am not, it changes all sorts of things. Grrrrrrrr So, to begin again.....

Today has been a lazy day. I hate lazy days when there is so much I need to accomplish.  Last night I was awake till after two am.  Nothing was bothering me, I was just wide awake.  I don't know what time I finally went to sleep, but when the alarm went off this morning, I was so tired.  I pressed the snooze button and dozed back off.  When the final alarm sounded, I turned it off and thought how tired I felt. The next thing I knew, I was opening my eyes and it was one hour later!!  I felt like I had just closed and opened my eyes.  

Ryan and I ran around like crazy getting ready so he wouldn't be late.  We almost made it, but he decided at the last minute he wanted to change his shirt.  That ended up making us just a couple minutes late.  I told Ryan I was so sorry. I told him I am going to try to get in bed earlier and set my alarm earlier. I hope it helps. I feel so bad for making him late.

Needless to say, I didn't feel like doing anything today. I only napped a little, but it really refreshed me.  By this afternoon, I felt better, but my day was wasted.  Ugh!!  

This evening for supper I fixed Mary's burritos without the shell. Mark really likes them. I also cut up apples and fried them in butter, a little sugar, and cinnamon. They were so, so good. I still have to clean the kitchen and iron a shirt for Mark for tomorrow.

This past weekend I got quite a bit accomplished.  I am working on getting all the comforters, quilts, etc., washed. I love getting into bed with clean sheets, quilts, and everything. I also colored my hair. I have been needing to for a long time. I hate buying hair color. I still haven't found the perfect one, and I don't like deciding which one to buy. Nana gave me a box the other day and I used it. It was a little dark, but I kinda like it. It had golden undertones, so it didn't make me look so pale.



Looking at this picture makes me realize how old I am looking. Losing sleep really ages a person. :(  I also gave Cruzer a bath. I have been giving him a bath more often and he smells so good--not like a dog. lol  

In the afternoon/evening, I finished a project I have been working on for Haley.  I am so excited about it. On Pinterest, I had seen these cute little stuffed animals in empty Altoid tins.  I decided to make a version of my own.




I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.  Now, I know I am not a good seamstress. But, I am hoping she doesn't notice all the mistakes.  I definitely learned some things that will help me if I ever decide to make more.  I think this kinda thing is perfect for a church toy.  I have a church bag for Haley that I am always putting new things in and taking old things out.  I have been thinking about all kinds of things I could put in these tins. :)

After I finished Haley's bear in a bed, I mod podged a thankful box for my Sunday School class.  I took a small Christmas box and mod podged fall leaf napkins on it.

                                 


I had planned to trace little Brysen's hand, and write things on them that he was thankful for (with my help, of course).  Then, cut them out and save in the thankful box.  If I had to teach the older girls, which I sometimes do, I planned to use the thankful cards Sandra had given me a long time ago that I had not used.


They could fill out several each Sunday.  Then at Thanksgiving go back and remember what they are thankful for.  I am glad I was prepared, because little Brysen's mom had a baby girl Saturday evening.  He wasn't there Sunday, so I actually ended up teaching the older girls (8-11)

Last week I talked about cleaning at Dad's and how I missed Mom.  The last day I finished cleaning, I saw so many things that made me miss her so much.  Her empty chair....


Her closet of shoes and clothes.



We used to put this pillow under her bed pillow to prop her up a little.  It had the twenty third psalms cross stiched on it.  When I saw it, I just layed my face on it as tears fell down my cheeks.  To be close to something that she had been close to made me ache for her. Just thinking she will no longer be with us on this earth is so sad!!! I no longer have a mama.  How on earth do these little kids make it that don't have a mom (or a loving mom). I hurt for them too.

I decided I wanted to go to Mom's grave.  It was amazing because as I was on my way to get Ryan from school (and go to the grave), I called Martha. She was getting ready to go buy flowers to take to Mom's grave.  Then, I read on Jess' blog that they had gone to Mom's grave also.  Our hearts and thoughts were in the same place. :)

For some reason I feel really close to Mom when I am at her grave.  I know she is no longer there. Thank God she is with Jesus.  But, being near where her body lays makes me feel close to her.  I love the pictures I took.  You can see Ryan's and my shadow in the background.



Between Mom and Dad's name, right under the flower pot says "together forever".  I love it!!!!

Ryan drove us home when we left.



He has been driving since August when he got his learner's permit.


I am so thankful and pleased at how well he is doing.  It is so nice to be able to ride in the passenger's seat sometimes.  

Finally, Nikki sends me the sweetest pictures of the babies when I am not there.  Today she sent me this.


The babies were sitting on the counter as Mason was eating, and they were loving on each other. Just seeing this picture makes me want to wrap my arms around them and kiss those precious cheeks!!



The other day she sent me this one of them playing in the play room.  Mason looks like such a big boy.


One day Haley decided she wanted to go to the store and tried to put Mason's shoes on him.  It was so precious.



See how Mason is sticking his foot up there so she can put on his shoe?  Ahhh  so precious.  I love those babies beyond words!!

I am so thankful for my family!!  God has blessed me in so many ways!!  I am thankful I know Him personally, and I don't have to worry about never seeing Mom again.  I want everyone to have this peace.  I wished I had searched more for His presence in my life when I was younger, but all I can do now is try to live my life the best of my ability. I can't change the past. I can only change the future.

Ok, I am off to clean the kitchen. I am determined to get to bed early!! Hope you all have a wonderful, restful night as well!


























3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I enjoy reading about your day too. You always inspire me. :)

    That bed in a blanket that you made for Haley is adorable. It looks really good to me. Maybe you should sell things like that. Maybe you can make children's toys and other things like decorations, pillow cases, etc...

    I think the Thankful box is really adorable too. That's a cool idea of putting the fall napkins on it. I haven't ever thought of that. That would be a cool thing to do. :)

    I miss Granny too. In every room you look in, it seems like there is pieces of her in each place. You can see Granny in the decor. She loved birds and all kinds of things. You can see her in the pictures on the walls. It really is sad. I'm glad that she isn't in pain or suffering anymore though. She's better off than we are now. :) It doesn't stop the sadness, but it's comforting to know that at least she's happy.

    Haley and Mason really are adorable. So cute!

    Keep up the blogging! I thoroughly enjoy it!! Love you lots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny...when I brought Ryan home the other day, you were in the shadows but your hair looked darker. When I got in the car, I realized you had colored your hair and I meant to call you and let you know I thought it looked good. Of course, I was driving and forgot when I got home. I like it though!

    Love what you made for Haley and the Sunday School class!

    I miss Mama so much...more and more every day. I'm am so thankful we were able to spend the time with her that we did in the last few years. She was more precious than anyone I've ever known. Wish I could be more like her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAWWW!!!!! I love Haley and Mason pictures!!!!!!!!!!! XD

    ReplyDelete