Last week and part of the week before, I cleaned Nana and Papaw's house. I decided to clean out the china cabinets in her dining room because the holidays are coming, and I want it to look nice.
I have wanted to clean them out forever, but when I was taking care of Mom, I always felt too stressed and hurried. It was backbreaking work to clean each piece, but I am so excited to get it accomplished!!!
Nana has some beautiful things, and I love looking at them. She has some cool teapots in her curio cabinet. I love the ones that look like fall.
I saw one that I thought Haley would love. It reminded me of a little girl's tea party.
She has stacks of them.
I always clean all the crystal and am always nervous I am going to break something. Oh my, when I was cleaning the china cabinets, I was a nervous wreck I was going to break something. I was so tense while cleaning. Thank God I didn't break anything!!!! I love all Nana's beautiful things, and I would freak out if I broke something!
Ok, let's see what's next.....Haley dressed as Repunzel for Halloween.
Mason was sleepy, ready for his nap.
One time Ryan went with me and mowed their yard. Mason stood at the window and watched him. He would knock on the window and wave when Ryan looked.
He is such a sweetheart!!!
Haley loves being in my Sunday School class with Brysen.
She loves seeing Martha's family too. I snapped this picture of Kevin showing her a catipillar. I love how she is intently studying it. Oh, and she has a lollipop in her mouth. ;)
Tonight Haley was talking to me on the phone and she asked what I was doing, and what Papaw and Rory (Ryan) were doing. She said she was going to bed and told me we should go to bed. She was telling me something about the moon was out. :) I told her me and Papaw and Rory should be going to bed soon. She said, "And don't forget Marfa (Martha), and I think she said Nate, Nate (Nathan) and then she said Awanna (Leanna). I LOVE hearing that sweetheart talk. My grandbabies are so very special to me! I love them more than words can say!
And speaking of Nate Nate and Awanna....they are officially engaged! Yay!!
The ring Nathan gave her is absolutely beautiful and has 155 diamonds in it. I wish I had a picture of it. Maybe soon I can post one.
Hmmm....what else... oh, an awful thing happened to me last week. I had gone to Walmart and had parked. When I opened my car door, a big gust of wind blew my door wide open and hit the car beside me. It made a scratch.
It actually looks bigger in the photo than what it was because I cropped the picture. Anyway, I freaked out inside. At first I thought is wasn't a dent, but when I really looked close, it was dented in a little. Ugh! As I looked at the car, I noticed there were no other scratches on it. Who has a car with absolutely no scratches on it??? Not me for sure.
I waited and waited and was writing a note for the person when he came out. I talked to him, and he was super sweet. He hated it happened and said, "thank you so much for staying. Most people would have driven away." I gave him my insurance card and number. Kevin, Martha, and Andrew encouraged me by telling me I did the right thing by staying. Kevin says it should not affect my insurance in any way. We'll see...I hope it doesn't. I just wish I had had a firm grip on my car door. I had no way of knowing the wind was going to blow that hard, tho. I didn't even go in Walmart. I went home and had a good, hard cry. Sometimes life is just overwhelming!!!!
Today Jared took Ryan and Matthew to his college football game. They had a great time although their team lost. I am so
thankful he really wants to attend college, and I pray he will be able to. While he was at the game I did my shopping that I didn't get to yesterday. I also washed sheets, ironed clothes, folded clothes, put away clothes, washed dishes, and cleaned bathrooms. I wanted to put up my Christmas tree today, but I just had too much to do. I hope I can get to it next week.
Well, I am off to bed. I pray everyone has a great night and day tomorrow. I am so thankful for my blessings!! I am trying to be more mindful of that. Hope to post more about it tomorrow.






















Haley and Mason are so adorable! I love the "sweet talk." So precious! :) I hope you have a good week this week. Great post as usual! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you darling Jess! You are such a sweetheart!
DeleteI hate that I wasn't able to see Haley and Mason the other day. They have grown so much!
ReplyDeleteI am planning to bring them to see you as soon as it is convenient for both of us :)
Delete