Sunday, October 6, 2013

Haley Spends The Night

Last week I worked cleaning Nana and Papaw's house.  I didn't finish because I was supposed to keep Haley Friday evening and I needed to get groceries for her.  It was time for my regular shopping and we were out of just about everything.  

I picked up some fall decorations while I was shopping.  It makes me so happy!!  I just love everything fall. I don't have all my decorations out, but just this little bit lifted my spirits.



Nikki originally planned to eat dinner out with a friend and then go back home.  Mason usually will not go to sleep unless he is in his bed, so she knew she couldn't spend the night. Nikki's mom is very close to Mason and she wanted to spend some time with him, so I only had Haley.  

Haley ate a wonderful supper and then I gave her a bath.  I love to give the kids a bath and then they smell all clean. Then I put baby lotion on them, ahhhh so wonderful. :)  Haley had so much fun playing in the water.



When she got out of the bath, I didn't have extra clothes for her to wear because we didn't know she was staying.  I put on a tshirt Ryan had when he was younger.

Martha called and wanted to see her.  She was going to Walmart and I told her to stop by. When Martha got here, I ran out to the car with Haley.  Ryan came too.  We all piled in the car with her. Haley was so happy to see her.  Martha had an accordian that Jarod had played with as a kid, and she let Haley play with it.  

As we were sitting there, Martha told us Leanna really wanted to see Haley.  Nathan had  been to the doctor that day because he had a really bad reaction to a bee sting. He was stung on his ankle, and his whole foot and part of his leg were swollen and infected (according to the doctor).  He was supposed to be still and keep his foot elevated, so he and Leannan were chilling at Martha's house. We decided to call Nikki and see if we could take Haley to see him and Leanna (and Jared).  

Nikki said we could. Yay!!  As we were going, we told Haley about Nathan.  (Haley calls Nathan "Nate Nate").  I didn't tell her Nathan got stung with a bee because Haley hates bugs, and I didn't want to worry her more.  I told her Nate Nate was putting in a security system for a business and got his foot poked (I think is what I said).  I said it got swollen, and he had to go to the doctor to get medicine.  She made me tell her about it over and over.  She would say, "tell me the story about Nate Nate again cause I like it." :)

She got to see Nathan's foot (it was so swollen and red), but she didn't give him a hug or talk to him.  She got a case of shyness.  She hasn't talked to Nathan a lot here lately, so she is shy around him now.  She looooves Jared tho'.  She had a blast playing on Jared's keyboard.  She gave him the tightest squeeze when we left.

While we were there, Martha gave me a pumpkin brownie she had made.  It was so delicious!  Haley loved it and ate the rest of it.  Martha got another one and she ate it too. :)  Earlier Haley had eaten really good for supper.  I love when she eats well. The brownies had no sugar in them, so they were healthy.  

When Martha dropped us back by our house, Haley decided she wanted to stay with her.  She made her body completely limp, and so it very hard for me to get her out of the car. Martha said as I was getting her out of the car, she looked at her (Martha) and smiled.  She is such a little stinker.

When Nikki got back to her Mom and Dad's, Mason had surprisingly gone to sleep.  So, Nikki called and said I could keep Haley overnight, and she would stay at her parent's with Mason. Yay!!!!  

Haley did not sleep well at all.  I felt so sorry for her.  It was after 11PM by the time she got to sleep, then she twisted and turned a lot.  She woke the next morning a little after seven.  She was cheerful and sweet.  Mark was telling her she was so pretty and she said, "yes, I am pretty, but I don't feel good."(Haha)  We were immediately concerned. Love her little heart.  I love that baby so much!! 

She was such a good girl.  She ate well at breakfast and  played happily all day.  




She wasn't ill or anything.   I didn't give her a nap because I thought maybe she would nap on the way home (which she did).  

Right before Nikki came to get her, we went outside to blow bubbles.  I loved watching her.  It was a thrill to this Gigi's heart!











Nikki came around 1:30 to pick her up.  She had left Mason at her Mom and Dad's so I didn't get to see him. :(  Haley didn't even cry when she left.  I am so glad cause it breaks my heart.  I had told her often that day that her mom was going to pick her up, and that night they were going to a block party where there would be other little girls.  I think she was looking forward to it.

Nikki called me after she got home and said Haley had been such a good girl.  She said she slept on the way home.  Haley was helping her make the muffins for the block party and was being so sweet and loving.  I got so tickled at Haley because when she talked to me she said, "Gigi, I being a good girl.  I took a nap, and I help Mommy, and I give her hugs and kisses, and I so pretty, and I give her loving." hahahaha Sooooo cute!!!  

Nikki said later they had a blast at the block party. There were several little kids there and Haley had so much fun playing with them. Mason had so much fun too.  He had several older women who loved holding him and had lots of good things to eat.  Nikki said they both played so much they were filthy when she put them in the bath that night. It sounds like they have some great neighbors!!  Thank God!  It is so much better than the apartment.

Today has been a good day too.  I have enjoyed worshipping with my church family.  This afternoon I took a long nap.  Tonight I am able to blog.  God is so very good to me.  I pray for those with trouble in their life, tho.  One of the ladies at my church has a granddaughter (13) that just found out she has leukemia.  They think it is treatable, but my, I can't imagine how devasting that would be.  I pray for her healing.  

Tomorrow I am supposed to finish cleaning at Nana and Papaw's (Lord willing).  Then I am supposed to clean Dad's house this week. (Lord willing)  Hopefully, I will get to see the babies Friday while Nikki goes for a dr. appt.

I pray for everyone's peace and safety this week. I hope your week is wonderful! 





5 comments:

  1. Haley is the cutest thing! :) She is so cute and funny with the things she says. Sounds like you have hard work coming up for you too that will hopefully be rewarded on Friday. Love you and love your blog! Keep up the posting!!! I always look forward to your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess!! You are a darling. Your encouragement makes me want to keep posting lots. I love you bunches!

      Delete
  2. Love all the pics! Sounds like you are enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am enjoying life. I just wish I was more organized. :(

      Delete
  3. Bubbles. Need I say more? XD Bubbles and balloons could keep a child occupied for hrs. Or slightly taller, maybe 13 year old kids, ya know. It works either way....

    ReplyDelete