I slept so much better last night. I could feel a little bit of tension when I was going to sleep because I was afraid of insomnia overcoming me. But, I was able to relax and go to sleep. Thank God! I still felt tired this morning tho', but I felt so much better than yesterday.
When I got to work, I checked on Judie, and she was asleep. She didn't get up til 11:30am. I went ahead and fixed her lunch. It was Healthy Choice Beef Merlot and a biscuit. While she ate lunch I put the towels in the dryer (that Dennis washed) and set out an outfit for her to wear. She had a dentist appointment this afternoon. I also cleaned the bathroom and had fed/watered the dogs earlier. After she ate lunch she talked and talked about going to get dressed. I would say, "ok, I set your clothes out." She does this all the time. She will say, "I need to go to the bathroom before I puddle." I say, "okaaaay." And she sits there and I am dying inside worrying about her not making it in time.
Dennis called to tell me her physical therapist would be there between 2 and 3. I told Judie she had about 30-45 min before the therapist would be there. Well, she fell asleep. I thought I would let her sleep a bit before I woke her to get dressed. I decided to go ahead and eat my sandwich for lunch.
Most of the time I bring a bag that has peanut butter and bread in it, and I fix my lunch there. Dennis really wants me to eat the food they have, but I eat gluten free. I bring my bread/food to make sure it is gluten free. Today when I went to fix my sandwich there were a couple of little, black ants. They have been having a problem with ants. At first I would clean the counters with this cleaning paste they have. I thought if the ants walked across the counter with the paste, they wouldn't like it. It helped a lot actually. Then Dennis put out some packet of ant killer and it helped too. They still have ants here and there. I kill them immediately and try to keep everything clean. It is freaky tho' because when I sit down for lunch, I will find one of those little ants crawling on my clothes. I thought, it would be awful if I didn't see one and it crawled under my clothes!! Then I thought, I HOPE I HAVEN'T EATEN ONE!!!!!!!
Judie woke right before the therapist came and went to get dressed. I had to help her finish because the therapist came before she was ready. It is so hard to get her to do stuff. Anyway, while the therapist works with her, I go sit on the front porch. The porch is long and goes across most of the front of the house. This is my view.
When the therapist left, she told me Judie was really tired. They had walked extra laps. Judie was laid back in her recliner when I went in. We talked a bit and she fell asleep again. I was thinking she much not have slept much last night. It was getting close to time for Dennis to come pick her up to take her to the dentist. I woke her and asked didn't she want to go to the bathroom? Of course, she didn't (although she needed to). Dennis came in a bit and told her to get in the car while he changed his clothes. She decided she wanted to go to the bathroom. Ha! He came out and got aggravated that she hadn't gone earlier. I told him I had tried to get her to. He told me she is very stubborn. He said when their oldest son got married (he lived in Utah), they were supposed to fly there. The night before, he begged her to pack her bags, so he could put go ahead and put them in the car. She wouldn't. The next morning at 9 (the flight left at 10) she was still at the house packing her bags. They ended up having to run to the plane to catch their flight.
They finally left at 4:05. I left and went to Walmart to get groceries. I buy our bulk of groceries every other week when Mark gets paid. It took me over an hour and I spent $345. I had to get medicine and some things for the house. I called Ryan and asked him to turn on the oven for french fries. I told him to be downstairs to help me bring up the groceries. He brought up the groceries while I fixed hamburgers with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese. I also baked french fries. Very easy.
Ryan is sick tonight. He started getting sick yesterday. His nose is so stuffy. ugh! I don't think he is going to be able to go to school tomorrow. Maybe he will be able to work on his research paper.
Ok, now for my babies. Last month Nikki's neighbor asked her to go to a farm near their house that is open to the public certain days of the month. This neighbor has a son around the age of Mason. The place was AWESOME. The kids got to ride horses.
They got to pet a mama cow and see a baby calf that had been born that morning.
They found out if you want to catch a chicken, you have to act like a chicken.
Chasing the chicken.
They also got to feed a horse.
She knows that she has to keep her hands flat. :)
They had a blast, and I am thrilled they got to experience it.
My heart overflows with love for them!
Ryan and I are planning to watch our favorite show tonight. Well, it is actually not my favorite show. It is a show that scares me to death, but I want to know what happens. It is called 60 days in (I think). It is about a jail that was really rough and a new sheriff decided to get law abiding citizens infiltrated secretly into the jail for 60 days to see if they could find out the problems. Wow! Jail is really scary!
I pray my family and friends are safe and blessed. In future posts, I want to start listing at least three things I am thankful for every day. I think I did it before when I blogged. I got the idea from Ann Vascamp?? and her book 1000 Things?? Maybe I will get more info when I post again.












Love the pictures. We have had a lot of problems with ants this year. I hate them.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sandra! I hate ants too! It is so hard to get rid of them!
DeleteI think it's nice that Nikki updates you on your grandkids. :) I think it's great that you are able to work to take care of Judie. I bet you are wore out though. That kind of work takes a special person and I am not that person! lol
ReplyDelete