Friday, April 15, 2016

An Easy Day at Work

Today was an easy day at work. Judie slept a lot of the day. I think she was just so worn out from physical therapy and her dental visit yesterday. And, she and Dennis always go out to eat after a dr. visit. She didn't get up til a little after 12pm. She talked a little and ate lunch. I fixed her a peanut butter/banana sandwich. I ate one too. I love them. She talked a while after she ate and then went to sleep again. While she slept I washed two loads of clothes, dried, and hung them up. 

I also read my Bible on my phone, read fb and instagram. I love having a lazy day sometimes, but for some reason I am more tired than days I am busy. Judie was confused today. While she was sleeping this morning, I put an outfit at the bottom of her bed, so when she woke, she would get dressed. She sometimes thinks there is someone in the bedroom across the hall and won't go in there to get her clothes. I have been putting an outfit out for her to wear. When she got up and came to the family room, she had on two shirts (that I didn't put out), her adult pullups, and no pants. She said something about not having on pants, and I told her it didn't matter. I said, "when we are here, we need to be relaxed." I honestly don't care and I don't want her to worry about it. As she was eating lunch, she wanted to put some of her books in a box so she could take them home. I told her this was her home, but she couldn't grasp it. I went to the garage, got a box, and put her books in it. It seemed to satisfy her. She also talked about her mother coming. Judie's mother was a banker. She was proper, ambitious, and organized. Judie feels like everything needs to be perfect if her mother is coming. I said, "I thought your mother  was deceased."  She said, "if she is, it just happened recently." So very sad!!!!

Judie woke about 30 minutes before it was time to for me to leave. She was still confused about it not being her home. She started thinking it is my home. I told her I had to go to my home and fix supper for my family and she and Dennis would be staying there. I worry about leaving her sometimes because Dennis gets there after I leave. He thinks she is in a lot better shape than she is.

I called Papaw (my dad) as soon as I left to see if he wanted me to pick up some food for him. I try to pick up something for him on Fridays. He wanted an Arby's roast beef. I hurried to the bank, and then went to pick up his food. I got to his house at 5pm. Dad is usually always sitting at the table waiting for me to give him his food. :) We talked a bit, then I went to get a basket of clothes in my trunk Nikki had given me that Mason had outgrown. I left them for my brother to give his daughter for his grandson. 

Dad lives in the best place!! I love it. He has a huge yard and a nice view.



Mark (my brother) and Wayne (my brother-in-law) just built a new wall for Dad.



The old wall was falling, so this makes it so much easier to turn our cars around.

When I walked out the door to leave Dad, the next door neighbor's poodle was laying there waiting on me. I love that dog. I used to pet her when I took care of Mom. I don't know how she remembers me, but she gets so excited when she sees me. She cries and runs to me and seems to throw herself in my lap. I loved and petted her. She was so sweet! I went to get my phone to take a pic of her and she ran up to the trees.

I left Dad's and went to the Dollar Store to get paper towels and nose spray for Ryan. Ryan is very sick with a cold or the flu?? Then I went to IGA and got ground beef, boneless chicken, and turkey bacon that was on sale. I didn't get home til 6. I hurried and thawed some chicken in the microwave. I fixed rice with chicken broth, cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and cooked it in Dale's seasoning sauce. Then I cooked a pkg. of carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. I mixed everything together and added a half can of cashews. It was so, so good! I wish I had taken a pic, but my phone was in my purse and I was too lazy to get it.

This evening I have washed dishes, folded several loads of clothes and put them away, and put a load of clothes in the washer. I still need to dry the clothes and put a load of towels in the washer. 

Ryan is working on his research paper. He wasn't able to go to school today. He texted me to tell me he felt so bad he could hardly move. He laid in bed with the laptop and typed two pages. He told me this evening as long as he didn't move, he felt ok. He started feeling better a while after supper and now he is working again on his paper. I pray he can finish this weekend and do a great job.

Finally, of course I have to end the post about the grands. While I was at work Nikki sent me the sweetest video of the grands playing and talking and laughing. I think they were snuggling in the bed. Nikki said they were hiding under the blanket and pretending to be in a rocket ship and Haley was the alien and she had only been talking in "beep boop boop beep" for like ten minutes. LOLOL I love hearing about my darlings during the day!

Haley loves to cook and bake. I was looking thru my pictures and saw the ones of her make banana pudding.





Acting like a monkey. :)









Mason likes to bake sometimes too. He helped make a birthday cake for his dad the other day.



His cuteness just melts me. I love my babies so much!

Last night I posted I was going to try to post three things I am thankful for so here goes:

1. I am thankful today is Friday. Yay!!!
2. I am thankful for my job.
3. I am thankful for my family and precious grands!!

Blessings till next time.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sad about Judie. It takes a special person to be a companion and take care of someone. I could never do it. It seems like you're busy most of your days! Do you get a break in there anywhere? lol

    ReplyDelete