I told them I would take them outside, but I had to cook the pasta first. I fixed chicken bacon lo mein but waited til I got there to fix the pasta. I have been fixing this so much when I go, but they seem to love it. I guess they will let me know when they get tired of it. :)
As soon as we got outside, we got the little pools out. I bought them little pools because they hardly stay in the pool. They usually just play in the water and run around.
Nikki came home, and then left again to pick up Toby. He had an appt. to get his nails trimmed and a bath. He was so happy to be home. He loves his mommy Haley.
He kept me company while the kids played.
They played a long time in the pool.
They pretended playing with cars, dirt, and water. As I sat there, I thought about how I loved watching them outside with the sun shining and birds singing. I felt so blessed!
Haley brought me a milk shake.
We stayed outside a long time, and then they got hungry. We went in and I got them both a bowl of chicken lo mein. They ate wonderful and then had a piece of cheesecake pie I brought. It made me feel so good to know their little tummies were full. One of the ways I show love is to fix food for the ones I love. I guess that is why I love that they enjoyed it. Nikki loved it too. I love cooking for them.
We also spent time in Mason's room playing with knex. I can't tell you how much I love spending time with them. I know ya'll probably get tired of me saying that, but I can't help it. I just feel so full of love when I am even blogging about them. Ahhh the joys of being a grandparent.
When we were in Mason's room, I heard it thunder. I hurried to get everything together to leave. I didn't want to get caught in a storm. As I was driving, I could see it was on the way toward me.
The closer it got, the more I dreaded driving in it.
It rained most of the way home but never got too bad. Although I love rain most of the time, I hate driving in it. By the time I got home, the sun was peeking out.
Week before last, while I was in Bible School, I kept the kids at my house while Nikki prepared her mom's bedroom for her to come home from the hospital. Bless Nikki's mom's heart! She broke her hip about a year ago, and then fell a few weeks ago and broke the other one. She has really been thru a rough time, but I think she is getting better. Nikki's dad fell too and broke some ribs. He had to be hospitalized because he had blood in his lungs. It was a hard time for Nikki and the kids.
I was so happy to have the kids here. They played outside in the water here too. I try to get them outside as much as possible. That is what summer is all about when you are kids. :) I didn't have a swim suit for either one of them, but it is private at the back of my house. So, it didn't matter.
They had fun swinging also.
Ryan stopped working to spend time with the kids.
I am so thankful
1. That the babies got to spend time at my house. It had been a while.
2. Ryan was able to spend time with the babies too.
3. Nikki's mom and dad both got to come home from the hospital and are doing better.
Till next time....

















No comments:
Post a Comment