I am making myself post tonight. I am not in the mood. This is why I stop blogging a lot of times. But then, later when I go back and read my posts, I enjoy it. So, I am trying to make myself keep up with it.
Last Tuesday I finished cleaning at Sandra and Wayne's. It was Sandra's birthday. I don't have a recent pic of her, but here is one I have.
I don't know when this was taken, but it looks like her. Except she has lost 75lbs. and looks great now too.
She and Wayne used to own a lake house. Their friend (that Sandra worked with) lived beside them. Their friend is getting older, and sometimes she and Wayne go spend the night with her to keep a check on her. The last time they stayed Wayne had great success fishing.
They cleaned and fried those fish. I am sure they were delicious!!
When I came home the other day, I had chickens and ducks in my yard.
I put a pointer on the duck because he is hard to see. My neighbor has a flock and I often have them in my yard. I love the noises they make. If I talk to them, they stop and tilt their heads like they are listening to me. They are really neat to watch.
Last Wednesday I mowed our yard, and Thursday I got groceries. Here are a couple of meals I had.
Salmon and stir fry veggies:
This was so good! Ryan and I love stir fry veggies.
Sloppy Joe Pie:
Mark was not crazy about this because he thought it was too sweet. I thought it was great because I love sweet!! The sauce had brown sugar in it. I probably won't fix it again...maybe for the grands. I bet they would love it.
Saturday Mark went to watch the ballgame at his mom and dad's and Ryan worked. I worked on the house and got so much accomplished. I also gave Cruzer a good trim and a bath. It felt so good that night to have most of the house cleaned. I am usually working outside or cleaning someone else's house.
Last week Mason dressed up as the 50's.
That little handsome guy just melts my heart. Nikki sent me a text telling me she thinks his eyes are turning hazel.
Yes they are! Sometimes I think his eyes sparkle, especially when he is up to mischief. Hahaha
Haley had a field trip to the Discovery Museum.
Nikki said they got to do several activities and a science guy put on a great show. She said he was very funny and his experiments were really cool.
Today she took the kids shopping for books, and afterwards they got sushi.
They are learning to use chop sticks with the rubber band on the end. So cool!! I think it is unusual for kids to like sushi, but I am glad they do. Nikki said it is one of their favorites. She can always count on them to scarf it down.
Today, Sunday, Ryan was able to go to church with me this morning. Thank God! When we were at church this morning, a guy sang I'll Fly Away. He was talking before he sang and said he had been singing it in his truck on his way to work. He said he was thinking about the way Ralph Stanley sang it but he knew he couldn't sing it like him. I had no clue who Ralph Stanley was. Ryan didn't know him either. Just a few minutes ago Ryan said, "do you want to know something creepy?" Today when I went on my phone it suggested I listen to Ralph Stanley sing "I'll Fly Away". He said, "I had never heard of him and didn't know who he was." Oh my!! His phone had to have heard that in church and suggested it to him. See, this is why I don't like echos and those types of things. They listen to your life. It is really creepy!!!
Tonight I went to my old church because it is close to my house. I really loved it. They are so loving and feel like family. I love the church I attend now too, but it is nice to go back to the old one sometimes.
I came home, fixed supper, washed dishes, and ironed Mark a shirt for tomorrow. I still need to pack his lunch for tomorrow. I had planned to watch tv tonight after I got everything done. Ryan and I rarely watch tv. I bet we haven't watched tv ten times in the last six months. So, tonight when I came home, Ryan was already here, and he was downloading a game to play on Playstation. Wouldn't ya know. We both had the same thing in mind. haha I am glad he is here though.
Tonight I am thankful:
1. Ryan went to church with me this morning.
2. Ryan is home tonight.
3. We have freedom to worship and serve God in the way we choose.
Till next time...










i have enjoyed catching up on your posts! the kids are sooo grown up!
ReplyDelete