Thursday, January 2, 2020

Thanksgiving 2019

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Haley and Mason were supposed to spend a few nights with us before Thanksgiving, but Haley got sick. So, it was just Mason. And it was great to spend some one on one time with him. 

I picked him up on Tuesday, Nov 26. On the way to my house we saw this interesting sight of a truck and trailer that had five (I think) deer on it. Some guys had had a sucessful hunting trip.



Do you see all those deer laying on that trailer beside that 4wheeler? There were two on the other side. Mason took this pic for me. He also took this lovely picture of me. 



That is my best side....my backside. lol

Wednesday I took him skating. Haley had a skating party for her birthday and got new skates. So I have been taking them skating. Mason now has his own skates too.

I love watching them skate and get better and better. It looks like such fun, but of course, I would never try it. 





This is a good shot of me too. I want to be in more photos with my kids, so they will know I was there. But, I am never happy with my pics. This will do, tho. And my little sweetheart there never knew I took a pic, or he would have been upset. He and Haley are going thru a stage that they don't want their pics taken. It is not very fun for me.

That evening when we got home, I started baking and cooking for Thanksgiving the next day. I stayed up late cooking so it would be easier the next day. I fixed everything I could think of for a Thanksgiving feast. I had turkey, ham, dressing, potato salad, cole slaw, mac n cheese, rolls, chocolate pies, and blueberry cheesecake pie. We all ate and ate and enjoyed every bite. I loved being with my family.

After lunch Haley, Mason, and Nikki played a game I put together that Sandra had told me she did last year. You roll saran wrap around candy, money, etc. to make a large ball.
The first person who wins the highest number on the dice roll goes first. They put on oven mits to try to unroll the saran ball to collect the prizes. While they are trying to unroll, the person beside them is rolling the dice trying to get doubles. When they do, the ball is passed to them. 











It was so fun to watch. You can't tell by the pics, but the kids were so excited and jumping around and hurrying each other.

After they finished the game, we took the candy and made gingerbread houses with graham crackers. 

This is Mason's:


And this is Haley's:


See, she and Mason will not let me take their pics. Such stinkers! But, I love them anyway.

Ryan will not let me take his pic either, but I did get a pic of Cruzer and Andrew. (Andrew doesn't like his pic taken either)


I must have kinda snuck this pic because it is sideways. :)

We took the candy canes they didn't use and Nikki hid them several times outside for them to find. Then I hid them and so did Haley and Mason. The weather was so warm and pretty. It seemed like spring, not winter. 

They stayed till around 5pm (I think). Nikki had to go pick up her mom to stay with them for a week, so Andrew took the kids home. It is so sad to say goodbye. Even tho' I see them pretty often, I still feel sad when they leave.

I have so much to be thankful for, and I want to strive to be more thankful every day. My family means the world to me, and I am so thankful for them. 

And I am also thankful for:

Health
Extended Family
Our Home
Jobs
Food
Freedom
And so much more!!!

I have so much more to journal, and one of my goals is to be consistant with it. Who knows how long I will keep it up, but I don't want to forget some of my precious memories.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment