Mark and I went to a Christmas play put on by Haley and Mason's school. They were both in it. I went down early and picked them up after they got out of school. Mark came down later and surprised Haley. I told Mason it was a secret Papaw was coming and he didn't tell. Haley was so happy and surprised when he got there. She was a little nervous about performing.
The play was The Nutcracker. Mason sang in the choir and Haley was a dancer. They had the play on the university campas right next to their school. It was still packed. We had to walk a couple of blocks to get there and we were early.
They both did so well. We had to sit near the back, but we could see our little darlings. I have never seen The Nutcracker, but I enjoyed the little skits. These pictures may not mean anything to anyone else, but it will spark my memory of how much we enjoyed it.
Look how much taller Mason is than the other kids in his grade. He is the tall one on the top row.
That cute grin...he spotted us.
We were so happy because Mason sang and participated in all of it. The last time he had a school program, he just kinda stood there. He did awesome this time. I took a little video. I hope I can figure out how to upload it here later.
Haley did so good too.
We all loved watching them. Andrew was even able to be off work and see them. It was wonderful.
When we went outside to leave, the wind was blowing and it was so chilly. Andrew had worn shorts because it was warmer, and after he was freezing. I got a quick pic of them as they were hurrying to the car.
Nikki took a pic of us and the kids.
Look at Mason. He is such a mess! I didn't even notice his face until later. Those are our babies, and we love them to the moon and back a million times. Even if they are stinkers.
That next weekend, Ryan and I went with Martha, Kevin, and Jared to a Christmas program at the church we attend. I usually go with Ryan there on Sunday mornings. Then I go to my church Sunday evening.
The play was so enjoyable.
I snapped a quick pic when they had on the blue lights, so you can't tell much. I just posted it so I could remember it.
Since Thanksgiving was so close to December, and I had to work the first week of December, I was a little later putting up my Christmas tree.
I had the hardest time with my tree this year. I am not crazy about LED lights. So, as I was putting my regular lights on the tree, they kept blowing fuses. I finally had to take off the regular lights and buy LED lights for it. I wasn't as happy with them, but I made myself get over it. Ha! I enjoyed it anyway.
In December Ryan and I got a cold. We were able to keep going, but Mark got it the worst. He wasn't able to go to his mom and dads with us or to Andrew and Nikki's on Christmas day. Nikki was also sick and didn't feel well. She and I didn't take one pic the whole time. I was just enjoying the kids and seeing their happiness. I should have asked Ryan to take pics. We had a wonderful time tho. Nikki's mom was there. She has dementia, but did great the whole day. It was so warm outside and we all sat on the porch a little while Haley played with one of her toys.
Ryan and I left around 6 (I think). It is great to drive on the interstate on Christmas Day because there is little traffic. I was so happy he was with me. It had been a wonderful day.
After Christmas I got a stomach bug. I woke with it the Monday after Christmas. I felt better that afternoon and got up and washed sheets and comforters. The next day I felt bad...and the day after that! Oh my word, this bug has stuck with me for days. I was supposed to get the kids, and then Ryan got it. I just wanted to cry. I was so very disappointed!! I haven't been able to keep them their whole Christmas break. Nikki didn't want me to keep them before Christmas because her mom was staying with them and the kids help keep an eye on her. Soooo I am hoping and praying I get them next weekend. I miss them even tho I saw them Christmas.
On another note, we got a snow in December.
It was beautiful on the trees and ground, but there was not much on the roads...just how I like it. We actually got our first snow in November. It was kinda like the one in December. Since Christmas we have gotten lots and lots of rain. I am so thankful it is not snow. I love snow, but when I have young loved ones (Ryan) driving in it, it worries me.
Ok I have to get off here and clean the kitchen. I don't know if I will blog any more this weekend because I plan to be very busy.
Today I am thankful:
1. That tonight I am finally feeling better!
2. That I was able to take a nap and it helped me.
3. That I have a washer and dryer to use when we get sick!
Until next time....
















No comments:
Post a Comment