It was such a great weekend with them. Saturday I took them to a birthday party of a friend's baby that we have known for years. Actually the mother of the baby worked with Nikki when Haley was a baby. I wish I had gotten a pic of that cute little darling playing and squishing his birthday cake. It was so cute.
After we left the birthday party, we came back to my house and rode with Lara and her kids to the movies. We saw Spies in Disguise. It was so funny and enjoyable. The whole theater was laughing, and it was wonderful to hear the kids laugh.
When we got back, it was time for supper, so the kids decided they would jump on the (neighbor's) trampoline after supper. Well, it poured down the rain. So, Haley and Mason had an idea to create a hang-out area in my unfinished downstairs. They moved boxes, canning jars, pool supplies, etc. to make an area for themselves.
They worked together to nail a blanket to the window until I buy a curtain.
We put a clock on the post and Haley made a sign of rules.
1. No shoes when sitting on the table.
2. No fighting and keep your hands and feet to yourself.
3. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't talk.
4. No picking nose or scratching butt and no farting.
5. Have fun!
They played and played in the hang out area. There is also an old elliptical bike down there and they rode that thing a lot. They would be out of breath and still riding. They got so much exercise. They even rode it together too.
Most of the pics on this post are blurry, but I am having to take pics with them moving and far away.
The next day (Sunday) was a pretty, sunny day. Yay! After church and lunch, they were able to be spend time with Ki, Noah, and Eden. They even spent time in the hangout eating healthy snacks and playing a game called Money Bags.
Then they decided they wanted to play in the woods. They have been working for a while on building a bridge over a hole or part of the drain running into the creek. I am really not sure.
Ki (at the top of that /\ pic) is standing on several logs. That is the bridge. They worked hard gathering logs to make that bridge.
Ki is in the hole, Mason and Haley are standing beside it, and Noah is squating at the bottom. I love that Haley and Mason have these friends.
They even skated a while at Noah and Ki's house.
I took these pics with my phone thru the blinds. Ha! They are across the street at Lara's house. Her driveway is more level than mine.
Sunday afternoon around 4:30, I took them home. We saw such a beautiful sunset on the way. Mason took the pic. (his fingerprints are on the car window)
Of course you can't tell how beautiful it was. It was amazing.
The following week I worked cleaning my house and working at the homeschool nursery. Friday (1/17) I went to Andrew and Nikki's house to help them pack to move to a house they just bought. They hired movers to take the heavy stuff (which was a lot), but we had to pack and move the rest. Andrew and Nikki had rented their old house several years and had lots of wonderful memories there. But when the owner of the property decide to build a couple of houses in their side yard (like right in their door), they started looking for another place.
The right side of the house still has plenty of yard, but the left side is too close. I am so thankful they are moving.
I love, love, love their new house and the area. The house is in a subdivision, but the area around it for miles is farmland. It is sooo beautiful. Andrew and Nikki have an acre lot which is so much bigger than the city lot. They also have a fenced area in the back yard to let out the dogs. There is a wooded area behind the fence. Here are some pics I copied from the listing. The front pic of the house didn't load, but it is a split foyer with an open kitchen/living room area.
This is the back covered deck.
And this is the back yard.
There is also a large bonus room downstairs that has Andrew's man cave on one side and a Nana or GiGi bedroom on the other side. There is a bathroom right beside the bedroom. It is so awesome.
I stayed overnight Friday night. but I slept with Mason because the downstairs didn't have the heat on. Saturday, Haley spent with a friend and Mason and I made three trips to the old house, loaded my car to the brim, and took to the new house. Nikki would unpack, and we would head back for another load. Andrew had to work that day, but picked up a load in his truck later. Mason was so tired at the end of the day and so was I. And Nikki had painted the week before, so she was tired and sore. But it was all worth it.
Saturday night I came home. Sunday I went to church twice and napped/rested. Monday I did laundry, gave Cruzer a good trim and bath, and went to my Dad's. Today (Tuesday) I headed back to Andrew and Nikki's. I was going to clean the old house and help finish moving the little stuff. This is all we had to move beside some things in the garage.
Well, they had turned off the power to the old house, so Andrew and Nikki couldn't use their garage door openers. They didn't know where they put their door key, because they had used the garage door openers. So, I ended up coming back home because we couldn't get into the old house.
This afternoon when I got home, I took a nap. I have accompished nothing today. I fixed chicken casserole the other day and took one to Andrew and Nikki's. I froze the other one and cooked it for Mark and Ryan's supper. So, today was an easy day. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I am supposed to clean Sandra's house.
Today I am thankful for:
1. Safe travels.
2. A beautiful home and place for my kids to live.
3. Sunshine
Until next time...















No comments:
Post a Comment