I can hardly believe it has been almost a week since I last posted. It seemed like just a couple days ago. Last Wednesday, I cleaned Sandra and Wayne's house. It was Liz's day off and I got to see her. She is my youngest sister, Mary's, daughter, and she is such a sweetheart. Sometimes she is at work when I clean, and she will leave me a sweet note. This is one of them:
Both of Mary's girls are artistic, and Liz also plays the guitar and piano. I love all my neices and nephews so much.
Thursday morning I worked the homeschool nursery. I love it! Those kids are so precious and say the cutest things. Eden, (my neighbor who is 3) brought a small stuffed elephant that day. Ava and Leah are her twin friends, who are 4. Well, Ava got the elephant and was pretending it was Dumbo (it really looked like him). Eden said, "hey that is my elephant." Becca is my helper and she is 16 yrs old. She is really good with the kids. She said, "Eden, don't you think you should share?" Eden let out the biggest roar (sometimes they play wolf and I guess she was the wolf). Ava ran to the corner and said, "she scared me." Becca said, "she scared me too." As Becca and I were talking, Eden ran to the pretend clothes and got the dragon costume. She brought it to me and asked me to help put it on her. So as I was helping her, Ava says, "she is going to scare me." I said,"oh nooo, she isn't going to scare you." Eden looked at me dead serious and said, " yes I am!" HAHAHA She was going to scare Ava into giving back the elephant. In just a few minutes they had forgotten about it and were the best of friends. Three and four year olds are awesome!
When school was over, I had to finish putting away the toys, spray the tables, clean the bathroom, empty the trash, and vacuum. We have to keep it clean for the other kids who use it. I finished and then went by the store for ingredients to fix dessert for a meal at Andrew and Nikki's the next night. Then I went to Sandra's to finished cleaning her house.
Friday I went to Andrew and Nikki's old house to clean. They had gotten almost everything out of it and left it unlocked. I worked and worked and it looked so good when I finished. It was sad to leave thinking about all the memories of that place.
That evening Nikki cooked dinner for us. Mark came straight after work and got there around 6. He actually got there a little bit before me. He loves their new place as much as I do. We had a blast spending the evening with them. Nikki fixed the best chili and cornbread. Mark had me get the recipe because it was so, so good! I brought chocolate pie and Lemon Lush for dessert.
We watched Inside Out. Well, we watched part of it and talked a lot too. I want to watch it again when the kids are here. I really liked what I did see of it. I think we left around 8:15. Mark came home the back way and I came the interstate. I was home around 20 min before he got here. He said he went thru a heavy downpour. I just went thru sprinkles.
Saturday I worked cleaning Ryan's acct at the surgery center. I took this after I had pulled out the bed's, mopped the floors, and put them back.
I can't explain how satisfying it is to get this big place (the pic is only a part of it) cleaned. It feels so good to have the health and strength to work hard. I think I worked seven hours. I was hobbling when I got home because my legs and back were aching, but I would rather be hurting from hard work than laying around. Not that I don't have lazy days (today was one). I just feel so much better when I work hard.
Saturday Nikki sent me pics of Haley's room and how awesome it looks. Andrew put together her loft bed, and she has so much more room.
Do you see that teal bench at the bottom of Haley's bed. Lola, their boxer, can't stand it that she can't get on Haley's bed with her. So she sits on that bench and rares her head back and makes a wooo wooo noise at Haley. haha This is the view from Haley's bed.
Her eyebrows look crunched like she doesn't understand. She is the sweetest thing.
Next they have to work on Mason's room. His bed hasn't come in yet, but it should soon.
Both of the kids are doing well in their new school. Mason said it is amazing which makes me very thankful. Haley said it is ok because she doesn't really care for school. But she already has a best friend and that makes me happy.
Sunday I went to Wallace (huge church) with Ryan that morning and Highland that night. Today has been a lazy day. I washed sheets and a comforter and remade the bed. I also washed other clothes. I sat a lot and looked at instragram. When I don't accomplish a lot during the day, at the end of the day I just feel blah. I could probably enjoy a lazy day if I didn't have to see all the things I needed to do that I didn't get done. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully, I will accomplish more.
Today I am thankful..
1. For naps to rest my body and mind.
2. That I didn't have to go anywhere. Yay!
3. That I had very little sugar today. That was a major accomplishment.
Till next time...






No comments:
Post a Comment