Earlier I saw that Dennis had bought flea medicine for the dogs. I wanted to give them a bath before he put the med on because they were so dirty. I called him to make sure he hadn't used it yet, and he hadn't. I gave them both a bath while she was eating her breakfast.
Clean doggies:
Above is Heidi and below is Pugsley.
Pugsley is very old and Heidi is not far behind him. I love clean animals. I also trimmed around their eyes. Whew, it was hard work bending down to bathe them.
Dennis came home right as I finished. He had to get ready to go speak at the Halls Business Club. I had to wait til he left, and then I cleaned the bathroom. I also put the towels in the wash. Then I emptied the dishwasher and put in her breakfast dishes.
By this time Judie was going thru books that were in a box by her chair. She LOVES books! She has a bedroom full of books. She thinks a young guy stays in that room. Sometimes we go in that room, and she gooes thru the books. She thinks they belong to the guy that stays in there. I tell her over and over and over that they are her books, and the guy is gone. It is sad. I want her to know and enjoy the fact that they belong to her. Sometimes I bring small boxes of a few books to sit by her chair for her to look at. She usually doesn't remember from one time to the next that she has already gone thru them.
She has a hard time reading now. I know she was an avid reader in her life, but now it is hard for her to keep up with the plot. This morning she was reading one of the books from the box. She chose a random page and told me a lady was about to have a baby. Later she read a line to me about a man seeing as a blind man with his hands holding the sides of a narrow wall. She has a lot of mysteries. It must have been an interesting mystery. I wish she could read like she used to. But, even if she can't comprehend the way she did before, she thrills to sort thru them.
Her lunch today was turkey/dressing/potatoes/peas banquet meal. It smelled so good. I ate a peanut butter/banana sandwich. I usually eat that every day. If I don't have a banana, I eat a peanut butter sandwich. After lunch Judie got very sleepy. Right when she closed her eyes, Dennis came back. He didn't stay long. He changed back to work clothes and went back to his Fruit and Berry Patch. As soon as he left, she fell asleep. I folded a load of towels and put them away. As I sat there while she slept, I got veeeerrry sleepy, but I didn't go to sleep.
Today while I was at work Liz (my niece) sent me this beautiful picture of her new haircut.
This is how long it was before she got it cut.
She is sending her hair to wigs for kids. That is a lot of gorgeous hair, but I love the short cut too. It is great for summer. She looks gorgeous.
Dennis got home around 4 and said, "you know what, it's hot out there. I tell ya what kid, I'm home now and you can leave or wait till 4:30." I said, "I'll leave now. Thank you." I stepped outside and it was soooo hot. My car temp. said 96*.
I decided on the way home I would take a little nap before I fixed supper. Ryan had washed and folded clothes for me, so I was in good shape. He is such a sweetheart, and it really helps that we are trying to buy him a car.;) I told him he should wash my car. My car was so dirty and I was embarrassed to drive it to those car lots with shiney cars. He told me he would detail it for me. Oh my y'all, he did an excellent job. I am so excited.
He said he probably cleaned two years worth of dirt off of it, and that is probably right.
And finally, I always have to end my post with my grands. Nikki sent me this pic last night after they finished eating spaghetti for supper.
Today I am thankful:
1. That I got off early. Yaaaaaay!
2. That even tho' I have had to take care of a lot of things in my life, God has given me a son that is a tremendous help to me!
3. That I have nieces and nephews that I love and have a great relationship with. And I am thankful they love Jesus.
Till next time......









Aw, I think it's sweet that Ryan helps you out with things. He's a good boy. :)
ReplyDeleteI depend on him a lot for sure!! God has blessed me with him. Love you, Jess <3
Delete