When Ryan got home that afternoon, he and I worked on a budget. There was some heavy discussions about how we should execute it, but we finally came to an agreement. This is going to be a great learning experience for him. Next month we have to pay our house insurance and our house/land taxes. It will not be easy. Mark is so happy for Ryan to be helping. I told Mark that Ryan may be too hard on us..we may be having bread and water. Ha!
For supper last night I fixed lettuce wrap hamburgers .
Later that evening I got hungry for a snack, so I fixed kettle popcorn.
It was really delicious, but I probably will never fix it again. You put 1/4 cup oil in a pot and three kernels of corn. Put it on the stove on medium. When they pop, you put in 1/2 cup kernels, 1/3 cup sugar and 3/4 tsp salt. Then you stir it, and put the lid on. Then you shake the pot constantly over the heat until the popping slows. Then you hurry and put it in a bowl before it burns.
I don't know what I did wrong, but the sugar started turning to glaze as I shook it. Only half of it popped, and I had to take it off before it burned because the sugar was a solid. Anyway, what did pop was delicious. :)
Yesterday Haley's class celebrated 100 days of school. They were supposed to dress like they were 100 yrs old.
Doesn't she look like the cutest little grandma ever?? I think Nikki did a wonderful job! Haley said GiGi always wears lipstick, so she wanted to wear lipstick. She also said GiGi always reads her Bible, so she wanted to carry a little Bible. (which really touched my heart!) She tried to think of other things old ladies did, but I think she looked perfect as she was.
That night, she was so ready to have her hair washed and be back to normal. Haley said this is what grandmas hair looks like if she didn't keep tie dyeing it. LOLOL
She said she just wanted to look like herself and not old anymore.
This morning, Saturday, I slept till 9. Yay! It felt so good to finally be able to sleep in. After my morning devotions, I bathed and washed my hair. I took my time getting ready. After awhile, Ryan got up and got ready too. He and I were going shopping today.
Before we left, Ryan flattened a lot of boxes we had downstairs that needed to be taken to the dump. I also gathered the trash upstairs and got together some things that could be thrown away downstairs. Our downstairs really needs to be purged. I started thinking if I took off a trunk load every Saturday, we could get it looking good again.
After we dropped the trash at the dump, we went to get Ryan a burger. I don't like to get him anything with gluten, but there was nothing fixed at home he could eat. Then we went to Aldi's. It really helped that Ryan was with me because he would discourage me from getting things I didn't need. Looks like he really is going to be a great help to our budget. :) We then went to Walmart. I had to pick up a couple of things, and Ryan needed more ear buds. We were finished quickly. I picked up a couple of things at Ingles, and then we went to Rural King.
Rural King just recently opened, and we have been wanting to go check it out.
That place is so very cool! It is a farm supply store and has everything from boots to baby pigs and baby chicks. Ryan and I loved walking thru the whole store looking at everything. We even held the baby chicks. They were so so soft.
As I was typing that, I remembered something that happened when I was a kid. Someone gave us a baby chick. We loved that little thing. When night came, we put it in a box by our bed. I slept with my sister in a big bed (we were just kids). That little chick kept peeping all night. It was probably cold?? Anyway, I got it and cupped it in my hands next to me and it was quiet and happy. I fell asleep and the next morning when we woke it was dead. I had rolled over on it during the night. Poor thing. It is funny now, but oh the buckets of tears we cried.
When Ryan and I got home, he helped carry the groceries upstairs. I washed the dishes from the night before, and put chicken on to boil. Mark wanted some chicken salad for his lunch next week because he got up with gout this morning. I love chicken salad too!!
I also baked Ryan some cookies.
For lunch I ate leftover meatloaf. After lunch I took a nap. I love to take a nap when I am home. Cruzer is always, always at my side. I took this before I went to sleep.
Ryan took this one.
I think I slept around an hour. Ryan woke me once and told me I was snoring loudly. Haha
I started on the chicken salad as soon as I got up. I first deboned the chicken. Then I ground it in the meat grinder.
I added lots of mayo and chopped celery.
I mixed up that and then added two scant tablespoons of sugar and one scant tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
I ended up with one and a half jars and a little container for my dad.
It was so very delicious!!!
Ryan has helped me running up and down the stairs to do laundry. I still have to fold/hang up clothes and iron. It has been a really good day. I just needed it to be longer. I love when I am able to be off Friday and the weekend.
This evening Nikki sent me a text about listening to the kids as they were sitting at the table eating a snack. Haley asked Mason, "are you in love with me?" And he said, "no, I just like you a lot." Hahahahahah they crack me up!
Ok, I am off here to get busy.
Today I am thankful:
1. That I was able to spend the day shopping with Ryan. I am sure the older he gets, the less it will be.
2. That Nikki sends me lots of pics and texts of the kids. I love that!!
3. That I forgot to give Dad's meat grinder back to him, so I was able to make chicken salad. Ha!
4. That I got this text my my sister Sandra, Wanted to tell you that Dad loves his movies. He was watching them this morning and was excited to show us how many he had. Yay! That makes me so happy!
Be blessed till next time...











No comments:
Post a Comment