Today when I got to work, Dennis was not there. So, I went to check on Judie. She was awake and wanted to go thru the books, first thing. She said she had been discussing something with Dennis and my name came up. She does this to me a lot. It is like she tries to taunt me by saying Dennis was discussing me. In all honesty, I don't care. Ha! I really don't think she is trying to be mean. I think she is trying to spark my interest. So, I have to act very interested. Ha! It was really sweet tho'. She was telling him that since she has so many books, she would like to turn it into a library for her and me. :) It made me love her to pieces! We discussed how we would write down our names on a piece of paper and what books we had "checked out". It brought me joy because it brought her joy. :) She may forget tomorrow, but today it gave her some happiness. And she has been really depressed about her inheritance. Someone told me that when a person gets Alzheimer's, they go backwards in their life until they get to their childhood. So, I guess we are in the stage where her mother passed. She thinks her mother passed recently (like last week) and she thinks Pops (her step dad) passed at the same time. Actually, I think he passed several years before her mom.
The chaplain came this morning. She is part of Judie being on hospice. I forgot her name, but I am really impressed with her. She is very calm and loving, and I am impressed with the things she says. Judie does not act like a christian, so she tries to gently bring about questions asking about her faith. It does not seem to work. I pray for Judie a lot!!! We love talking to her (the chaplain), tho. We talk about family, life, etc. You know, I am a very shy person, but I am able to talk to a lot of people. In a sense I am pretending, although not fake in who I am inside (just fake that I am outgoing. haha) I force myself to talk. Anyway, I wrote all of that to say that when I am with the chaplain, I do not have to force myself to talk to her. I really enjoy it.
Before the chaplain left, the bath girl (as we call her) came to help Judie with her bath. It didn't take her long because Judie was very cooperative today. When she left, I gave Judie a pot pie I had fixed for her. I ate my regular peanut butter and banana sandwich. Yum!! Judie and I talked a while and then she fell asleep. Today I washed her bed pads (we use in case she has an accident). I usually change them every day no matter what. That way, she is always sleeping on a clean pad. While she slept I folded and put them away. We watched the "Waltons" a little on tv. I love that show. I don't think I have ever really gotten into watching it, but I am loving it now. This afternoon we looked again for an attic door, but we never found it. Ha! I really think she may be thinking about that door in the garage ceiling that you pull down with a rope. I would never show her tho', because she would try to go out there when I am not there!! It really makes me feel so sorry for her. I just love her so much!
Today when I left, I called Dad to see if he wanted me to bring him a burger. As I have posted before, I usually take him a burger on Friday's. Since I am off tomorrow, I didn't know if I would be out to get it for him. He said he would like a chik fa la chicken sandwich. So, after I put my check in the bank, I went to get it for him. He is always sitting at the kitchen table when I get there. :) I gave him his mail too.
I got him six seasons (I think) of "Gunsmoke". He really seemed to like it. It made me so happy. We talked some, and then I left. I usually wash his dishes, but Mary was there today and washed them for him.
I just looked around at the beauty of his place when I left.
I would love to live in a place with so much land; where someone is not almost sitting right on top of us. Our neighbors are so close to us. And, although we have done things to give ourselves more privacy, I would thrill to live at a place like this.
In the summer, the trees fill out and it is very private.
When I got home, I sat down for a snack before I started supper. I hate when I do that because it makes it harder to get up and get busy. Anyway, tonight I fixed chicken/rice tacos.
Ryan is the only one that eats it in the shells. Mark and I eat it as a casserole.
Tonight Ryan and I have been discussing a budget. Ryan is really good with money, and he is going to help me scrimp and save to get things paid off. Maybe someday I can quit my job. I probably would not quit as long as it would devastate Judie though. At some point she may not recognize me, and it would not matter to her.
When I got my job, I prayed and prayed about it. Ryan did not want me to work and Mark did not think I could handle it with all my responsibilities. I won't go into detail, but I knew I really needed a job. So, I prayed if it was God's will, that He would "drop it in my lap". One day, probably a month later, Nikki called me out of the blue. She said the man her dad was working for needed someone to sit with his wife. Her dad knew that I had taken care of my mom and thought I may be interested. I went to talk to Dennis the next day and he took me to see Judie. Dennis told me later he liked the way I talked to her (If I remember correctly). And that was how I got my job. I didn't search for it, and it was actually "dropped in my lap." Even though I would love to have enough resources to stay home, I am so thankful to God. Dennis is very understanding when I need off and that I can not drive in the snow.
My dream would be to live on a farm with a big garden, chickens, and a cow. I would love to live outside in the sunshine. :) And have a big, wonderful place for my grandkids to enjoy. Ahhh maybe someday. Ya never know what the future holds.
This evening Ryan got something really cool in the mail.
He made the Dean's list. Yay! Matthew made it too. I am so thankful for the prayers answered that I pray every day they go to school. I pray for their futures as well. Tonight he is working on homework.
Well, I am off to bed. I am going to be lazy and not wash the dishes because I am off tomorrow. Yay!!
Today I am thankful:
That my dad is alive and well.
That Ryan is going to get involved in helping me with the budget.
That I have a day off tomorrow with no where to go. (I hope I get to stay home)
May God bless and keep you!! Till next time....







No comments:
Post a Comment