Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday

This morning Ryan had to go to work before school, so I had the house to myself. It seems like I get ready quicker when I am by myself. I even threw the sheets in the washer before I left. 

When I got to work, Dennis was still there. He wasn't in a hurry because it was a rainy day and he couldn't accomplish anything at the farm. He left and Judie was still in bed. I crept down the hall to check on her. She was leaned up in bed as if she was watching tv, but her eyes were closed. When I checked on her a little bit later, she had laid down and was asleep.

Today while I was there I cleaned the front bathroom, folded two loads already dried, dried and folded a load that was left in the washer, and washed two loads of Judie's clothes, and hung them up. I also swept the family room,  and part of the living room. And then I swiffer mopped part of the living room and family room. I fixed Judie a chicken pot pie for lunch (from the freezer).

Judie slept while I got a lot of the work done. Dennis came back with a few groceries and she woke when he was talking to me. She told me she got in trouble for being restless last night because Dennis couldn't sleep. She always acts like Dennis is mad about one thing or another. I have heard him talk normal to her and she acts like he is mad. I know he probably gets aggravated at her at times, but I think a lot of it is in her mind. Anyway, we discussed that she had a dr. appt. today. She kept saying she didn't want to go and made me feel sorry for her. She said Dennis would talk, talk, talk, and she couldn't say what she wanted. (ha!) 

Right before Dennis left, she said she was going to take a shower. I need to explain....a couple of months ago Judie got so bad they put her on hospice. They also got a hospital bed for her and I would have to help lift her into the wheelchair to take her to the bathroom. She is a large lady. I did not know how I was going to physically be able to keep my job. Well, Dennis decided to take her off of one of her bloodpressure meds because her blood pressure would be like 90/54. I mean really low. She was on two meds for her bp. Anyway, it made a total change in her. I mean, she is like a new person. I don't have to help her to the bathroom any more, and she takes care of herself for the most part. I do have to fix her meals. If I don't have something fixed, she will get pop tarts (all day long).  Now, back to what I was going to say, she said she was going to take a shower. There are LPN's that come help her with a shower twice a week. I was thinking there is no way she can take a shower herself. I asked her if I could help her and she said no. Dennis told her she should let me help, and then he left. She kinda fussed at me for asking to help in front of Dennis. She said she would hear about it for a while. Ya'll, she went and took a shower herself. I would stand outside the door to see if she fell, but she made it fine. I went back to taking care of the laundry and didn't let her know I had been checking on her. She laid down on the bed and fell asleep. I guess she was exhausted. 

Dennis came back in a little while and she still was not dressed to go. She had on her robe. They ate lunch, and instead of going to get ready, she sat down to talk to me. I would try to talk her into getting ready. I would tell her I had laid all of her clothes on her bed, but she would not respond. Finally, she decided herself (that is the key) to get dressed. Dennis sat and talked to me until she was ready to go. It really is a miracle she can do all this herself when a couple of months ago I was wondering how long she would live.

They left around 3PM, and I went to Aldi's for a couple of things. I ended up spending $20.  I kept seeing things I needed. I came home, dried the sheets, and got a snack. Then I dozed a while before it was time to fix supper. I have felt really overly tired today. I think my body just needs a day to relax. 

Tonight I fixed some of those packages (like Knorr chicken flavored rice) and cooked chicken to add to it for Mark. I fixed bbq chicken stir fry with veggies for Ryan and I. 

I try to fix things for us that are gluten free. For dessert I fixed peanut butter fudge. I just heated a tube of vanilla icing in the microwave for a minute. Then I mixed it with a cup of crunchy peanut butter. It is so so good, and I so so don't need it!! 

Tonight after supper I put clean sheets on the bed. I made Ryan bring them up from the dryer and he has to put the clean sheets on his bed. I probably will wait till tomorrow to wash the dishes. I am just too tired!

Today when I was at work I found sitting on the table next to me an old cookbook. Judie told me it had belonged to her Grandmother's sister. Isn't that the coolest thing?! I took a few pics of some of the recipes.


I really loved seeing the ones that had been hand written on blank pages in the book.





I plan to try some of these.

Ok, I am off to bed. I am so tired tonight, even though I dozed this afternoon. 

Today I am thankful:

That I got off early.

For the rain, even though I find myself grumbling inside because of it. I am still so thankful for it.

That we now have a President that stands up for the christian values that I believe in. Thank you Lord!

Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment