Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Our Merry Christmas

We were blessed to have a wonderful Christmas! Mark and I both had to work half a day on Christmas eve. I had to go by the store on my way home and pick up some last minute things. Then when I got home, I made a breakfast casserole for the next morning. I had already made a lot of individual breakfast pizzas the night before. Ryan packed the car with gifts and our overnight bags, and we went to spend the night with Andrew, Nikki, and the grands.

Amazingly it was the best time to travel. I suppose a lot of families were gathered for Christmas, so traffic was very light. We got there around 8:30 (I think). My heart just overflowed with love and happiness to see my grandbabies and how happy they were to see us. We got lots of hugs and kisses.

That night I slept with Haley in her big bed, and Mason slept on a little cot beside me. That way, I could be sure they stayed in the room while Andrew and Nikki took care of the surprise stuff. Ryan slept in Mason's bed, and Mark slept upstairs in the guest room. It is the only room upstairs.

Haley and Mason watched "Mickey Mouse Christmas" before they went to sleep.

(Just a note: I realize these pictures are awful. I took them with my old phone. Andrew and Nikki got me an awesome camera for Christmas, so hopefully, my future pics will be better.)
It was after 11pm before they went to sleep. I think we were all excited to be together, and it was hard to settle down. Haley slept wonderful, but Mason woke in the night. After a little bit, he crawled in bed with us, and snuggled next to me. :) Haley was at the back of me and Mason was snuggled at the front. I was in grandbaby heaven. I cherished that time. It didn't matter if I went back to sleep, I just lay there relishing in the joy of being with them. I did go back to sleep tho', and Nikki woke us around 8:30 the next morning. We were all so sleepy.

Haley woke talking and raring to go. Mason, on the other hand, was grumpy and did not want to open any gifts. Mason sat on Papaw's lap while Haley opened gifts.




Haley opened all her gifts. She got wonderful presents f Nikki's Aunt Troy


2 comments:

  1. Awwww I love that you got to snuggle with those babies! the other day charlie had the choice of sleeping on a little bed next to jeff and i or in the bed in the other room with me, he chose the latter! ha! snuggle bum! Christmas sounded wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Karen, that was something I found in my drafts and I didn't want to loose it. It wasn't for this year. I love snuggling with those littles. It is probably my favorite thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete