I got ready to go to work because the local news station said it was not going to be bad until that night. When I started to leave, our driveway and road were covered. I called Dennis to tell him I wasn't going to be there. He was fine with it.
I knew I needed to get the tree down, but I just felt overwhelmed by it. I had a quilt Dad's mom had made for me that was falling apart. I decided to fold it and sew all the edges together so nothing else could fall out (instead of taking down the tree). I was going to use it for a dog blanket for Zoe when she came in downstairs at night, but it felt so warm, I decided to keep it for myself. I gave her another one. Then Ryan ended up with it (of course). He is really a lot more cold natured than I am.
Ryan went outside to take down the Christmas lights and decorations.
Cruzer watched.
By that afternoon, the snow had melted on our road. I probably could have gone to work, but I didn't worry about it. I actually took a nap after lunch. I felt really bad afterwards, and found out my blood pressure was up. I also felt a little nauseous. It wasn't fun, I tell ya.
For supper I fixed hamburgers. After supper I gave Cruzer a good trim and a bath. I also put clean sheets on the beds, washed the dishes, and cleaned the bathroom. The day ended up being a little productive, which made me feel better.
Friday night it snowed a couple of inches.
You can see the grass is poking thru the snow in the yard. That is not our dog, btw. Cruzer went nuts when he saw him. The dog wanted to play and put his bottom in the air and would kinda jump on his from paws. Cruzer was having none of it, and it finally ran off.
By the afternoon, our road was clear.
I was so excited to find out that Haley and Mason got snow at their house. It wasn't much, but it was enough for them the play in.
They couldn't find their gloves, so Nikki had them put socks on their hands and put plastic baggies over the top. It worked great!
The next one is my very favorite!
If you notice behind Mason is a big hill going down to the other houses. Haley and some of the neighbor kids slid down that hill. I asked Nikki if she got a picture, and she said no, she was too busy freaking out a bit watching so she didn't crash into the porch like her friend Nathan did. Mason didn't slide because he got some snow down the back of his pants and he was done!! :) By the time Haley came inside, she was worn out.
Look at those little red cheeks and nose. Nikki thought she would fall asleep, but she didn't.
Saturday afternoon I finally took down my Christmas tree. I noticed when I got everything out of the plastic totes to put up the tree at the first of the season, it smelled a little dusty. So, I covered everything in double plastic, and then put it in the totes to keep the dust out. Maybe next year there won't be any dust.
The tree:
Ornaments organized in red, green, and gold:
And the topper bow:
After I got everything into the totes, Ryan took them downstairs and put them under the steps. I vacuumed the whole house, swept, and mopped the kitchen. I was so happy to have that job accomplished.
Sunday our church was cancelled due to the cold and snow. Monday morning I woke Ryan when I was about to leave for work because our driveway was covered and I knew I couldn't get the car out. He thought it would drive right out, but no way. We worked and worked scraping a little here and there. He got it halfway up, but it would not go over that last hump. We had just about decided to give up, and I was going to call Dennis, when the neighbor came to help. I had never met him, but I had met his wife. They moved into the house that "Grandmother" (my friend) used to live in. He was the sweetest thing!! He put salt in the tracts and Ryan drove that car right out. We thanked and thanked him. He said it was his pleasure. So so sweet.
Monday afternoon I sent Ryan a message to tell him to scrape off the bottom of the driveway. He told me it was fine. I told him send me a pic, and this is what I got.
Those bottom tracks head right toward the woods. I told him to go scrape it off, so he cleaned off some tracks for me. When I got home, I still made him drive the car down to the garage. I was just too scared to do it. I am getting old, and more nervous. This is what the bottom of the driveway looked like when I got home. I took this from the back deck.
Almost all the roads were dry, and my driveway was still icy.
Haley had to go back to school Monday after her Christmas break. She got to go in late because of the snow. It was just Nikki and Mason, so Nikki took them out to breakfast.
That boy just melts my heart. He is the sweetest, most loving, naughty little darling. Nikki was texting me one night telling me he came back downstairs for "one more hug". As they were cuddling a second, she was rubbing her eye and he said, "what's wrong?". And she said there was something in her eye. He said, "I'll get it." She said no that's ok and he said, "no I can get it, my hands are tiny. I can get any stuff out of eyes, really." LOLOL Kids are the best!
Once recently he got in trouble and Nikki made him put his nose in the corner of the fridge and wall (like we did in school). You know how they tape those refrigerator instructions to the back, well he told Nikki he read those instructions, and it said don't put your face or hands in that area. Bahahahah
Nikki said it was just a little while after they dropped Haley at school that Mason wanted to go back and get her. He is precious!!
In other news, on the spur of the moment, I decided to get my hair cut last week. When I showed her the picture I wanted, (that I had gotten off the internet), she got so excited. They decided to take a before and after pic to put on the website. I didn't want them to take a pic of my face.
It really is the same color in all the photos, just different lighting. I cannot get the back to do like that yet. When I blowdry it up, part of it goes up and part of it lays down. My hair is very heavy and thick. I don't mind tho, I like it just layered too. It is so much easier and quicker to fix. I have cut my hair for years, so it feels good to have a real cut!
This morning Dennis called me early and said this would be a good day for me to take off. We had discussed what day I should take off this week, and he said it didn't matter. Well, when we woke up to rain this morning, he knew he could not work at his farm. So, instead of going to take care of Judie, I went to clean Nana and Papaw's house.
Nana is doing wonderful. As I was working upstairs today, I heard the therapist getting so excited at her progress. I am so very thankful for her improvement. I worked very very very very hard today (ha!). I got more accomplished than I usually do. Sometimes I pray, "Let me be amazed at how much I get done today," and today, I was amazed!!!! Lord willing, I am supposed to go spend the night with Haley and Mason next Thursday and Friday so Nikki can stay with her dad when he has surgery. I am stressed to get Nana's house clean before I go.
I am going to have to stop and get ready for bed. The three things I am thankful for today are:
1. That Nana has recovered so well.
2. That I got so much accomplished cleaning.
3. That my blood pressure seems to have come down, and I am not nauseated.
And of course, I am always thankful for my family and friends.
Till next time......






















i don't drive in the snow anymore unless I have to--and i don't have to! when i worked i would sometimes have to :( we have had a lot of up and down temps and it goes from snow to rain to snow to rain. crazy. That is a great idea with the socks and baggies, i may try that--the littles hate their gloves! wonderful that they got some snow to play in. Your grandchildren are beautiful! I love, love, love your hair!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOur temps have been up and down this year too! I really enjoy the cold and the snow (when I am home). Thank you! I really really think you have beautiful grandchildren too!! I love my hair being short. It is so easy to fix!
ReplyDelete