Today has been a hard day. Last night I could not get to sleep. It was crazy because I was so sleepy I felt myself starting to doze off. Then a random thought made me wide awake. I was awake until almost 3:30AM. I thought I was going to be awake all night long. I tried counting, praying, playing word games in my mind....nothing worked. I needed a little bit of benadryl but I didn't have any.
This morning I got up at almost 7:30. It was 30 minutes later than I wanted to. Needless to say, I didn't work on my house at all. I got ready as I always do, then I woke Ryan. I am so thankful Ryan's truck is fixed, so I didn't have to take him to school (thanks Andrew!!!!).
It was a little foggy on the way to work.
When I got to work everything was quiet. Judie's tv in her bedroom was off. I hate when it is like that because the noise from the tv covers the noise I may make doing my cleaning routine. So, I sat down to wait till she woke. I read my bible on my phone and played a word game.
In just a little bit, Judie came down the hall. She was only wearing her underwear, but it was very modest. I made my eyes only look at her face and told myself it was like her wearing a bathing suit. I also thought she must be very comfortable with me. I really think she thinks of me as a nurselike helper. Although she hates to think I am there because she may fall (which is why I was hired), so just about everyday she gives me housework to do so it will seem like that is my job. It used to be so annoying and at times is now. One time when I was praying I asked God to have her not to give me housework to do. The thought came immediately to me....what will it hurt if you do what she asks. So, I started seeing it in a different light. It doesn't hurt me to do what she asks. And if it give her peace of mind, then it is a good thing. I can't say that I don't ever get aggravated when she does it tho'....especially when Dennis is there. I should say, I have always worked on the house, and have gotten it in a great shape from a very messy house (with her daughters help). What is so annoying is she will ask me to do stuff that has already been done recently (like dusting).
Judie sat down and covered up with a throw. We talked a bit and I asked is she would like to go get Dennis a card and chocolate candy (which he loves) for their anniversary. Today was their 56th wedding anniversary. Oh, I have to tell you all the funniest thing. She does not have the best marriage, but it is not horrible. I think sometimes it is horrible in her mind, but I am there a lot, and Dennis is very loving to her most of the time. Anyway, when I had my anniversary in July, she asked if she needed to get me a sympathy card. Hahahaha So, when we talked about her getting Dennis a card, we joked about it being a sympathy card. Ha! Even tho she jokes about it, I know she loves him very much.
I got her something to eat, and as she ate, I went to clean the dog room and the bathroom. Then she dozed off in the chair. I was able to sit down and relax as she slept. When she woke, she said she was going to go get dressed so we could go. I said ok. I should say, I really didn't want to take her. She is unsteady on her feet, and doesn't have a lot of strength to stand long. I didn't know where her wheelchair was either. Her daughter called me earlier in the week and asked me to do it. Why oh why do I agree to things I don't feel good about. I think that may have been part of why I couldn't sleep last night.
After a good while she still was not coming back to the family room. I went to check on her and she was in bed sound asleep. While she slept, I took care of two loads of her clothes I had washed. When she got up, she complained of a headache. So, I texted her daughter and told her I had tried all day to get her ready, and she was still not dressed. She told me she was going slow because she had a headache. I texted that I didn't know if we would be able to go. Her daughter texted back not to worry about it. You know what? I think God worked it out that I didn't have to worry about it. Thank you God!!!
Not long after, it was time for me to go. As soon as I got in the car, I called Dad to see if he wanted me to pick him up a hamburger (Arby's roastbeef). A lot of weeks when I don't have time to fix a meal for him, I pick him up an Arby's. He said he wanted one. So, I went to the bank and then went to get him a roastbeef, potato cakes, and a cherry turnover. I usually always get him the same thing.
Dad has a beautiful place.
I should have taken more pics of his land. It is beautiful.
Papaw was sitting at the table in his place when I got there. I gave him the food and we talked a little as he was taking out the food. So, I left. I wish I had taken a pic of him.
This afternoon Ryan asked if he could drive to Matt's house, help him mow the yard, and spend the night. I told him ok. Tonight I fixed Mark and me skillet rice.
I have already washed the dishes and fixed coffee pot for tomorrow. I brought up two loads of clothes from the dryer and washed and dried another load.
Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will be back at Nana's cleaning. I hope and pray I get so much accomplished.
Finally, today Nikki sent me the sweetest text. It made me cry!! She was on a website where they were complaining about mother-in-laws and this is what she posted:
I have to brag a minute here. I have the worlds best mother in law. My husband and I started dating as teenagers so I feel like she is basically my second mother. Does she baby my husband? Yes, because he is her baby!! I'll probably do the same to my son and daughter. And honestly, my son basically is my husband all over again lol. My husbands mother is the kindest most giving woman I've ever known, and I love that my children get to have her as a grandmother.
Ya'll, tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this. It is the sweetest thing. I love her as a daughter. And as a daughter, we don't always agree, but the love doesn't change!!!
Oh, and tonight I talked to her on the phone and she fixed vegetable soup for supper. Yum!!! I wish I was eating with them!!!
I pray for everyone's safety and blessings. Till next time.





No comments:
Post a Comment