Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day

The way I celebrated Labor Day was to work. Ha! Dennis told me I could be off if I wanted, but we are planning to go on vacation in a couple weeks, so I decided to work. It was certainly not because I wanted to work. I would have loved to sleep in. 

Judie was awake when I got to work this morning. I opened the door and the tv in the den was blaring. She was sitting in her chair eating a pop tart. She loves pop tarts. I sat down to talk to her. 

She talked for a while and then got tired and sleepy. She went to lay down, and I went to clean the doggie room. She told me to wake her in 20 min. I said ok. (sure, yeah right) She slept till around 11AM I think. I had time to clean the front bathroom, sweep the floors, dry and hang up/fold a load of clothes, and wash a load of towels. I sat for a while and tried to relax my body. I wanted to doze for a bit but don't know if I ever did. 

When she got up, I fixed her one of those Campbell meals that had potatoes on the bottom, chicken and gravy in the middle, and biscuits on top. She came to the kitchen when I started fixing it, and then she said she had to go to the bathroom or she was going to puddle. :) As she was walking to the bathroom, she said she was going to sit down. Oh my, I thought, she is going to have an accident. She sat there for a long time before she went to the bathroom. I kept hoping and praying she made it to the bathroom and thank God she did. 

She ate a good lunch while we talked. As we are talking, I am thinking I am going to remember things she says so I can blog about them. But, of course, I don't remember. Usually we talk about things we have talked about a hundred times, which is fine with me. I act as if we have never talked about them before or even minutes before. A lot of times she is upset about something and we talk about it a lot. I always act as if I am on her side, although I always think it is not as she thinks it is. I love her dearly!!! She does really aggravating things (which I hope to blog about someday), but I still love her so much. When she is talking, I try to think about how precious she is, and how she doesn't think well. It is really sad.

For instance, Dennis owns the Berry Farm and there is a big, beautiful white house that her mother and stepfather lived in. It has five bedrooms and big white columns at the front porch. She loves the windows there and the view. She told me when I first started working for them that she and Dennis discussed it, and they decided to live in the house where they live now and let their son live in the "big house", as it is called. She probably tells me every day that she wanted to live in the big house. She says that Dennis told her she was going to live in the big house and then he decided to let her son live there. I know it didn't happen this way, but there is no sense in telling her. She will not believe me, and tomorrow we will talk about it again.....until something else happens. At least it keeps her thinking and talking.

I love the house they live in (have I written that before?) I took pics today of the living room and dining room.





I love, love, love the big windows in the living room and dining room. They have a beautiful view too. I will try to take a pic sometime. 

After work today, I went to pick up Ryan at Matt's house. They have a great house too.



Ryan was supposed to spend the last night with Matt, but he instead went with Jared, Nathan, and LeAnna to Boomsday (fireworks show). It was the last Boomsday, so they wanted to go. The crowd was unbelievable!!! Ryan sent me a text saying it was hot, humid, and thousands of people. Can you imagine?  His back was killing him because he had to stand and wait in the crowd for an hour. 



He said it was great. And he thought it was worth it. I know it is an awesome show. I have been before and loved it.

Ryan got home a little after midnight and went straight to bed. He was exhausted. He had been texting with Matt, and I was supposed to take him to Matt's this morning. Guess what! I forgot. I am getting ready this morning thinking how Mark and Ryan get to sleep in and forgot to wake Ryan.

Right as I got in the car to leave, Mary texted and asked if I was bringing Ryan. Oh no! She called and told me to wake him and Matt would pick him up. I ran back upstairs and woke Ryan. Matt picked him up and he spent the day with him.

After I picked up Ryan, I went to Ingles because they had good sales on ground beef and boneless chicken. As soon as I got home, I started supper. As I was fixing supper, I separated the meat into packages. I also patted out some hamburger patties and froze them. Tonight I fixed spaghetti.



I am not crazy about spaghetti, so I ate leftovers.

I have already washed dishes and fixed lunches for tomorrow. I need to fold some clothes and then I will be ready for bed. Yay!!!

Finally, I always try to post something about the grands. You know Mason told Nikki for the first time about a dream and it was about swinging at my house. Well, he got up the other morning and Nikki asked him what he dreamed about. He said, "I dreamed about sleeping." Hahahahaha!

Be blessed!!! Till next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment