Thursday, September 10, 2015

Rainy Day

This morning before I left to go to Nana's, I washed dishes, ironed, washed a load of clothes, cut up chicken into bite-size pieces, and put them in a bag of marinade. I left to go to Nana's before 9:30.  As I was driving in her driveway, I got a call from Dennis. He said Judie's appointment was at 3:30, so he would need me. I told him I would be right over. He lives five minutes from Nana and Papaw. I didn't get out of the car. I just turned around and went straight over there.

It really worried me. I thought her appt was at 9:30 and I was supposed to be there at 12. How could I have been so confused. When I got there, Dennis explained that he had it down as 9:30, but when they called to confirm the appointment yesterday, they told him it was at 3:30. What a relief!!! I had it right all along. 

Not soon after I got there, Dennis left. Judie came out of the bedroom. She talked for a while and then decided to go rest until time to get ready to go to the doctor. I went and cleaned the dog room, bathroom, and swept. 

It was a rainy and gloomy morning. This is the view from their front window.


They have a beautiful view. I will try to take a pic on a pretty day. We really needed the rain, tho.

Dennis came back around lunch time and fixed his lunch. Judie came out of the bedroom and talked to Dennis for a bit. Then she came to sit with me in the family room. When Dennis is there, she acts like I should be busy working all the time. She acts like Dennis will be upset if we aren't busy. It isn't true. Dennis could care less. He puts old movies on for me to watch sometimes and gives me World War II books to read while I am there. Why she acts like this I don't know. So, as he is in the kitchen, she mouths to me to "act busy".  I started dusting all of the figurines, etc. on this bookcase.


As I was dusting, Judie went to the bathroom and Dennis left. It was time for Judie to get her shower and get ready. When she came out of the bathroom, I tried to hide so she wouldn't come back to talk. What did she do? She came back, sat down, and started talking. I would say, "you need to get your shower and get ready." She would say, "I know. I just don't want to go." Oh my! How was I going to get her to get ready?? I told her I was going to check on the dogs and she kept saying no. I thought, "she is not going to be ready in time." Finally she went to get ready. 

Dennis came back as she was getting out of shower. He got ready and sat down to rest. I went to help her finish up. Shewie, we barely made it. Oh, something else, she always tries to manipulate me into going with her to the doctor. This morning she told me Dennis wasn't going and we were going. There is no way I want to go to the doctor with her. I could not make any medical decisions. I told her I would talk to Dennis about it. So I did. I told Dennis she wanted me to go to the doctor with her, but I didn't feel comfortable. He said, "I have to go to the doctor with her so I will be able to talk to him (and know what's going on)." Next time, she will try to manipulate me into going again, but at least Dennis knows I am not going. That is what matters.

I came home and ate a balogna sandwich on gluten free bread with tortilla chips. It was so, so good. Then I took a nap. I got up and fixed supper. It was an easy meal.


Zesty chicken with pasta and corn. I am not crazy about pasta or canned corn, but surprisingly, it tasted really good. 

Andrew called me tonight on his way home from work. It was after 7PM. Love his heart! He had had a long day at work after working here all day yesterday. He said he had two guys out today, and so he had to work on cars all day long. Bless his heart! He said after he got home last night he could hardly move because his muscles were inflamed. He has arthritis issues like I do. He is an awesome son and brother!  I told him he needed a day off, and he said he probably wouldn't have one till next Wednesday. Oh my! Makes me sorry for him.

And finally, this past summer Nikki and the kids spent a week with Nikki's Aunt Troy and Uncle Charlie. Nikki was so close to them growing up and now her babies spend time there. It is so cool. I hope to do a blog post with all the pics she sent me, but here is one of the cute pics.


Ahhh my heart!!!

Be blessed! Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment