After work I had to stop by the store and get some ingredients for pizza. Andrew was coming to help Ryan fix the truck, and I wanted a good meal for him.
Last night for supper I fixed grilled chicken, rice, and broccoli.
After supper I relaxed a while, and then I fixed pizza's for the next day.
I also fixed some awesome cupcakes from Mary's blog.
This morning I got up around 7:30. I always roll right out of bed and onto my knees to begin my day talking to God. I can't begin to tell you the peace of having that relationship. Then I stripped the bed and put on clean sheets and pillow cases.
I always go straight to wash my hair and then my bath. Then I start cooking Ryan's bacon and get a cup of coffee. I love my coffee. Right now I am using pumpkin coffee creamer, and it is so good.
This morning after I got ready, I baked the pizza I fixed last night. Andrew sent me a text around 7:30 saying he was on his way. It takes and hour and a half to get here.
Ryan slept till almost 9. He got up and hurriedly got ready just as Andrew got here. It was so good to see Andrew. Bless his heart. He had not had a day off for ten days, and then he spent his day off helping Ryan fix the truck. He is awesome!!!
I ran to the bank to get the money I was supposed to give Andrew for our hotel room at the beach. Nikki had made the reservations for us. I also went by the store to get drinks for them.
Ryan and Andrew started work on the truck and I left to go clean Nana and Papaw's house. Today I cleaned the bathrooms. They have three bathrooms. Nana and Papaw's bathroom has a shower, jet tub, toilet, and two separate sinks. It takes an hour and a half for me to clean that bathroom. This is the beautiful view from their bathroom window.
They own 28 beautiful acres. They have a beautiful house too. It takes me four days to clean it. Every day is exhausting, but I guess cleaning the bathrooms are the hardest. I clean everything from light fixtures to baseboards...moving up and down. I get a good workout. :)
As I was working, I texted Ryan a little after 1:30 asking how it was going. He texted that they were having issues getting it in time (the timing belt), but they were getting there. I felt bad for Andrew that he was still there working on it. I thought he would be finished by noon and heading back home. I just prayed it would be perfect and Ryan would not have any problems with it.
At 1:57, Ryan texted they had it started and just had to put it back together. It took forever. I got home around 3:30, and they were still working on it.
Bless Andrew!! Ryan and I ran to the auto parts store to get some steering wheel fluid. I think they got it running around 5PM.
He had to burp the antifreeze and the steering wheel fluid.
I ran upstairs and reheated the pizza. They had not eaten all day. Finally it was ready for a test drive.
It sounds better than it did before the timing belt broke. Yay!!
They went for a test drive to Ryan's school. It ran great! I am so thankful for Andrew coming on the only day he had off in ten days! Ryan learned a lot today.
Andrew left around 6PM. I sent pizza and cupcakes with him. I talked to Nikki around 7:30PM and they were eating pizza. I love that!
Tonight I dozed after supper. I was so tired. Ryan organized some of the tools they had to buy today.
Cruzer helped.
Tomorrow morning I am planning to go work at Nana's until noon, and then go to Judie's. Judie has a doctor's appointment early and will not need me.
Finally, (of course it is about the grands) in August Nikki lost her brother. He lived in California. They had his body shipped back here for the service. A couple of days before the funeral, Nikki's mom broke her hip and had to have surgery. They had to delay the burial.
The day after Nikki's mom got out of the hospital, they had the burial service. It was the saddest thing. It broke my heart for her mom. Can you imagine coming home from the hospital one day and the next day laying your son to rest? I don't know how she did it.
The service was beautiful, but so, so sad! It was a military service and they had the 21 gun salute. It was all so heartbreaking.
Ryan went with me to the service. As soon as we got out of the car, I saw my babies. They looked so cute!!
This is how they posed for me. Ha!
Ok, I have to get ready for bed. Hope you all are blessed and safe.












No comments:
Post a Comment