I was planning to go stay with the grands Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night, so Nikki could come be with her Dad because he was having surgery. He has clogged veins in his legs, and they were supposed to take a good vein out of one leg and put it in the other leg (serious surgery). Wednesday night after work, l cooked chicken thighs and made several dishes of chicken casserole to take with me and leave here for Mark and Ryan to eat. I also made several dishes of meatloaf. Wednesday evening Nikki let me know I didn't have to get down there early on Thursday. She was planning to leave her house at 7PM.
Thursday afternoon I did a lot of grocery shopping. I came home, brought the groceries upstairs, put them away, and fixed supper. Then I packed my clothes, etc. I left my house a little after 5PM. It usually takes 1 1/2 hrs. to get there. It was cloudy and rainy.
Traffic was not bad at all. I was really surprised. With it being cloudy, it got dark early. I don't really like to drive in the dark. It just isn't safe anymore. Oh that made me think of something funny....one evening Nikki forgot to get something she needed to fix supper. So she ran out around 6PM with the kids to get it. They are not used to being out at night (it was dark). Mason said their car needed to be home in the garage taking a nap. :) I love that Nikki doesn't get the kids out at night. When I see kids out at night I think, why do you not have your kids home getting ready for bed??
I got down there around seven, and they were eating supper. I sat down to talk, and Nikki kept saying she dreaded the drive (I didn't blame her). In a few minutes, she went to call her dad to tell him she was on her way. He told her they had rescheduled his appointment for Saturday because someone more serious needed surgery the next day. So she didn't have to go that night.
That night I slept with Mason because Haley had to go to school the next day, and we thought it would be better for me to sleep with her when she was off from school. Ya'll, Mason was so hyper. He could not settle down to go to sleep. He was hopping all over the bed. And Haley couldn't get to sleep either. She kept coming into Mason's room. Andrew and Nikki's bedroom is under Mason's room. So, Andrew comes upstairs and asks why he is hearing running around as he is trying to get to sleep?? He tells them to stay in the bed! Mason hopped all over the bed. I knew he was going to get in trouble and it was killing me. I tried my best to calm him down. One time he thought he heard Andrew coming back up the steps and he went from standing to a fetal position with his eyes closed in a second. Bahaha I would not have minded him being hyper. I just didn't want him to get in trouble. Finally, I googled children books on my phone, and started reading books to him. In just a little bit, he was asleep.
Haley came to our bed around 5AM and said she had a bad dream. I scooted over, so she could crawl in bed with us. I wrapped my arms around her and she settled down like she was going to sleep but she didn't. After about 15 min. she got up and she was sniffing. I thought she was crying and I said, "are you ok?" She said, "yes! My nose is just stuffy!" Haha She went back to her bed and went to sleep.
I tell ya, I hardly got any sleep that night. I just could not go to sleep. The next morning, I was up around 7 and got ready. Haley gets up at 7:30, so I went upstairs and carried her back down. I thought she would be really tired, but she seemed ok. Mason woke in a little bit too. Oh, something else, I discovered the night before I had forgotten to bring my heart medication. Maybe that was why I couldn't settle down the night before?? Anyway, I told Nikki I was going to have to go home to get my medicine, and come back. She told me I should call to see if my dr. would call it in down there.
Mason went with me to take Haley to school. We also picked up their neighbor Samuel. They live probably one minute from her school. I love that!! I dropped them off quickly and we were back home in no time. Mason didn't want to get out of the car, so I called my doctor's office to see if I could get my medicine. The receptionist told me to leave a message on the nurse line and they would get back to me later. That would not work!! I needed it then.
Mason and I finally went inside and Nikki said I could go home. She said they had rescheduled her dad's appointment and she didn't know when it was. We were sad for Haley because she had made a list of plans for her and I to do that weekend. Plus, that night we were going to have a slumber party in her room. :( Nikki suggested I go eat lunch with her at school and explain I had to leave. I was able to spend a little time with Mason before I left.
I love Haley's school. Everyone there was so very nice. I had to go to the office to sign in before I could go to her classroom. The lady in the office knew who Haley was and she was bragging on her saying what a big help she was. I didn't know what she helped with, but it sure warmed my heart.
The lady took me to Haley's class. They were in a group on the floor learning about "th" sounds. I thought Haley would get so excited when she saw me, but she didn't. She just calmly walked to me and hugged me. Her teacher showed me where to sit to wait on her for lunch.
I LOVED sitting with her and her little classmates while they ate lunch. Those little kids are the cutest things. One little girl talked and talked to me. There was also a little boy that sat with her that is one of her best buds too. He wanted to be in the pic I took of Haley and me.
I thought it would be ok to post since it isn't a clear pic of him. Haley was telling me he is the one who taught her how to snap her fingers.
Ya'll know I don't like having my picture taken, but after reading several articles about it, I realize someday it will be important for them to see me in pics with them. You can see I still can't fix my hair like the hairdresser did. Ahhh well.
Haley ate a wonderful lunch!! She ate a hog dog, apple, and fresh shredded carrots.
Nikki said she thinks Haley usually just eats chips or something for lunch since no one is there to tell her to eat well. I think that is probably right for a lot of those kids.
She actually didn't wear this shirt to school. All of the kids were given a school shirt. They are doing some type of contest to encourage the kids to do well. Almost all the kids had school tshirt on.
I got a little tickled at Haley because Nikki sent three cookies for me to give her. The little boy in the picture above asked if he could have one. She said he could have a half of one. It was those wafer cookies so it was long. So, she gave him a half and he thought it tasted so good he wanted more. She would not give him more. I tried to talk her into giving him more but no way. She said he had chips (and she didn't). Oh my....kids! :)
When I left her school, I started home. Martha had been so disappointed that I was staying away this weekend because our church was having a weekend revival. I sing in a small group with her and Kevin and they wanted me there to sing. And she dreaded having to sit by herself. I called her as soon as I started home, and I said, "you are not going to believe this..I am on my way home." She was so so happy.
I was so tired when I got home, I didn't even unpack. I ate lunch and took a nap. When I woke, I only had time to fix supper, shower, and wash my hair. Ryan and I rode with Martha and Kevin to church. You know, when I have to go to church at night sometimes I really dread it. Then when I get in the service, it is so uplifting and encouraging. It makes me really glad that I came.
Saturday I worked all day and Ryan and I went to church that night. It was a great service too. After church Martha and Kevin got us a milkshake from Chic-fa-la. I got strawberry and it was so so good!! Then Ryan and I sat in the car while she and Kevin did some grocery shopping at Kroger.
Today (Sunday) was a busy day with church too. This weekend revival has been wonderful. It gave me a renewing desire to walk/talk more with the Lord. I am very thankful for my church.
This afternoon I fixed a wonderful vegetable soup. I cooked onions and ground beef together. In another pot I put a tablespoon of "Better than Bouillon" Beef in a couple of cups of water. I cut up several carrots in that and cooked them while I fixed the beef. I drained the beef and then transferred the carrots to it, continually cooking. I added frozen peas and corn to the pot (around a cup each...I didn't measure anything). I poured a large can of diced tomatoes in a bowl and pureed it. Then I diced several potatoes into the tomato juice. I then poured that into the cooking pot and cooked everything while I washed dishes. (ha!) It was probably 20-30 minutes. (I salted and peppered the meat and salted the potatoes too.) I also fixed corn muffins. It was soooo delicious. I fixed cookies for Ryan, and I ate some after supper tonight (which was soup leftovers).
That was my busy week and weekend. Tomorrow I go back to work. I am so excited (NOT). Actually, I am very thankful for my job. I would just like to rest!! Judie has a dr. appt. tomorrow afternoon, so I should get off a little early. I hope so!
Today I am very thankful for:
A revival at our church that gave me a greater desire in my walk with the Lord.
Being able to see my grand darlings and spend some time with them.
Ryan going to every revival service with me.
May you all be blessed and safe.
Till next time.....






when the boys sleep over some like to sleep on a cot next to our bed and some like to sleep in the spare room with me. i usually find books on youtube and after a few they are out! i also hate being out at night :) and you are right! you need to have lots of pictures of yourself with them. we are our worst critics, but they need to have those loving gramma photos later in life--to show their kids and grandkids! love you posting :)
ReplyDeleteI think they get excited my being there and have trouble getting to sleep. And Andy and Nikki are so stern like "no noise! and no videos! that it makes it even harder.:) That is one reason I like to keep them by myself with no parents. I can go against the rules to calm them and get them to sleep. hahaha
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete